Chapter Nine, Halloween Bonfire

Margot sighed happily as the last bell of the day rang. She was excited to get home and change out of her work clothes consisting of black trousers, a black peplum blouse, a grey blazer and black heels that had gold on the toe. As it was Halloween there was a Bonfire on the beach as there was every year and she couldn't wait but was also dubious about the costumes Paul had brought for her, Jayden, himself, and apparently Jasper as well. Things had been going well between them since Jasper met Jayden at the beginning of the month, there had been a few more meetings with Jasper and Jayden, and Margot was pleased to see her son easily warming up to Jasper.

Sending a secret smile to Jasper, Rosalie, Alice and Emmett (and a scowl to Edward, who made it as hard as he could for Jasper), Margot hurried to the bike and climbed on behind her brother. As they took off out of the car park Jasper's phone pinned signally he had a text. During the last meeting Jasper and Paul had exchanged numbers which would make things a little easier but at the same time would make sure Margot was safe at all times hence the no number, yet.
"Who is it?" Emmett asked nosily. "Is it your lover?" He whispered, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.
"Shut up Emmett. It's Paul, actually." Jasper refuted, rolling his eyes as he opened the text.
"Oh, but you wish it was her don't you." Emmett pried knowingly.
"Why the hell are you messaging that mutt!" Edward snapped.

Jasper looked up with danger in his eyes as Emmett slapped Edward around the back of the head.
"Oh shut it, Sir Whine-a-lot." Emmett jabbed.
"Will you stop it with that!" Edward shouted madly, drawing some attention from those who remained in the car park.
"You are just proving our point." Rosalie scoffed, dismissing Edward as if he was nothing but a nuisance.
"Go on, Jasper. What does Paul say?" Alice asked with a knowing smirk upon her lips. Looking suspiciously at his sister Jasper unlocked his phone once again and quickly replied back to the text.

Paul: Hey man, do you wanna come to the Halloween Bonfire on First Beach? We'll all be there and I've got you a matching outfit, it's at Billy's as a surprise for Margot. Just in case.
Paul: It starts at 7pm.
Jasper: Hi Paul. I'd like that. Let me guess... Alice. I'll see you then.