Chapter one- "Sweet" Sixteen

Jeury's POV

I walk to the beach behind my house and set the cake up on a big stand. "How's the search going?" My mom asks as she takes a sip of water. I shake my head. "Not today mom. If the satellites would've detected her, we wouldn't be here right now." She nods bitterly. I sigh, "We're trying our best. What if we're on a mission to find a soulless body." She sucks her teeth. "Don't say that. You're right, let's just focus on Skylyn's sweet 16 for now."

Skylyn's POV

Who am I? Am I simply a face? Am I my body? Am I my art? Am I not good enough for your eyes? Would you like me to lower my voice? Would you like me to be smaller? Keeping your perception of me isn't my responsibility but, keeping mine is. How can I keep something I don't have? What is my perception of myself? Who am I besides your puppet? Who am I besides what you make me? Who. Am. I?

I finish brushing my hair and make my way to the beach. "Ready for your big day?" My mom asks with a huge smile on her face. I force a smile. "So excited," I lie. I don't really know how this happened. Cameras flash as they see me walking through the door. I keep on walking giving no reaction. "Skylyn, how does it feel to play the lead female role in the movie 'Sabrina'?" A reporter asks. Keep it together Skylyn. "It feels good to be part of such an amazing project. India would be really proud." I walk away and roll my eyes. "Remind me why they have to be here again," Sebastian shrugs. "Something about giving fans a look into your life," I roll my eyes. God, it's brutal out here. "Happy birthday Skylyn," Jayvin says as he hands me a bag. I smile and hug him. "Thank youuuu," He laughs, "Just don't tell your mom. She'd kill me, she doesn't like when I spoil my niece and nephew." I laugh and check what's inside the bag. "You got me a new phone?" I exclaim with excitement. He nods, "enjoy it." I hug him one more time and walk with my brother towards Elijah. "You're old as hell now," Elijah says jokingly. "Yeah so respect your elders," he rolls his eyes. "Happy birthday sky," he says in a serious tone. I smile, "thank you, idiot."

"Alright everyone, we will start singing happy birthday soon so I am now asking the reporters to leave." My mom says with a smile. "Hey, Sky!" I turn around and see Jeury's girlfriend Miya. "Oh my God hey, I'm glad you could make it!" She hugs me, "I have a surprise for you." She whispers in my ear. I furrow my eyebrows, "What is it?" I feel a kiss on my neck and I turn around. "Gio!" I hug him and give him a kiss. "Wait, I thought you couldn't make it,"  He laughs shyly. "I rescheduled the meeting, and I wanted to give you this..." He gets on one knee and holds up a ring. My eyes widen and my heart beats faster. "Skylyn, you make me the happiest man on earth. You're smart, dedicated, beautiful, funny as so many other things. Take this ring as a promise of loyalty and devotion and love," He puts the ring on my left ring finger and kisses me. "I love you," I smile and give him a big hug. I think I can confidently say, this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. "Thank you both," I say. Miya nods and walks towards Jeury.

MIYA'S POV

I sneak behind my boyfriend and jump at him. He slowly turns his head towards me, not even fazed by my jumpscare. "Nice try," he says. I roll my eyes and hug him, "I missed you, babe," He grabs my face and kisses me. "I missed you more, how about we show each other how much we missed each other in my room." He whispers in my ear. I smile and grab his arm leading him inside.

Ashlin's POV

"I'm so glad that you and I finally get to be happy," I say. Jayvin smiles, "I am too," He kisses me and Doriam walks on stage. "Everyone gather around!" She exclaims. friends and family come near the stage. My mom lights up the cake's candles and walks up to me with it. I force a smile and try to appreciate the moment, it's my sweet 16 after all. The song finished and I make a wish, I blow out the candles, and everyone claps.

Mona's POV

C'mon, where are you Lealia? I know you're not dead, I feel you hurting in my heart. "Stop scanning only in the US, start a scan in northern Asia," I instruct. The screen shows a green check of approval and starts using ValSosan's satellite's facial recognition. You're not dead.

After an hour of waiting the computer beeps like crazy. "Facial Match found in Russia." My heart jumps and I run upstairs to tell Jeury.

I open his room door and my jaw drops. "I'm so sorry." I quickly close the door in embarrassment. "Jeury we need to talk so please speed it up," I demand.

Jeury comes out of the room and I could tell he was embarrassed. "I found Lealia," I say. He furrows his eyebrows, "really?" I nod. "Where is she?" He asks. I laugh sarcastically, "She's in Russia."

We get to the basement and check the computer again. "What the hell...This looks like where'd they keep the aliens." Jeury muttered. "Do you think they're hurting her?" I question. He shrugs, "I honestly have no idea what's going on in there but it looks like we're going to Russia." He runs upstairs and I sit down taking everything in.

Jeury's POV

I run up to Jayvin and tell him what happened, he nods and puts his drink down. "You need to find him and bring him to us, we can't afford to fail this," I say. Jayvin nods reluctantly, "Alright, I'll get them both."

The next day

Jayvin's POV

I quietly walk behind him, "I didn't know the dead could rise." He ridicules. "You and Autumn need to come with me, Damien," I say. He turns around and furrows his eyebrows. "Now why would I do that?" I sigh, "Look, we don't like each other and we don't have to but please, if you won't do it for me then do it for Doriam." He grabs his water bottle and takes a sip. "What evil plan do you have cooked up now?" He questions. I clench my teeth, "Damien, the Russians have Jeury's sister in some kind of huge secret bunker." Damien starts coughing up the water he drank and starts laughing, "Is that the best lie you got? I scoff. I close my fist and punch him, he loses his balance and falls to the ground.

I walk out infuriated.

I stop by the Denholm house and admire the finished product. I'm glad they rebuilt it, even though it holds a haunting story it makes Appleton...Appleton. I drive away, making my way to the hangar.

I go up the plane stairs and I slowly close the door but a loud yell stops me. "Wait up Jayvin!" I look at the parking station and see Damien running with Autumn. I smile internally and push open the door. "Look man, I'm sorry about earlier. Know that this is for Doriam and not you though." I shrug and they come inside, I close the door and sit down . "Where are we going?" Autumn asks, "First stop, Cuba."

Halley's POV

"How are they treating you here?" I ask. Gabriel shrugs and sighs, "Why'd you do this to me, Halley?" I furrow my eyebrows, "I didn't put you in here, you know that we wiped our slates clean. I found out they incriminated you after you were arrested. I would've never let them do this to you and that's why they didn't tell me." He shakes his head, "Halley, I need you to leave and never come back here again. If you try to come visit again, I won't come out. Goodbye." He gets up from his chair and the guard starts handcuffing him again. "Babe stop, I love you!" I exclaim. "Get her out of here." He says. Tears form in my eyes, It's not my fault... Is it?

The next day

Skylyn's POV

Jeury walks in with tired written all over his face. Jayvin walks behind him and I see my dad walk in. "Dad!" Sebastian and I yell with excitement. He hugs us. "I want to thank you all for coming. When my mom showed up on my doorstep all I had was questions. When she asked me where my sister was, I had even more. After eight years of searching, I think we've found her." He turns on the huge computer screen and shows a mountain covered in a lot of snow. The computer zooms into a set of huge metal doors and they open. A woman is brought out in handcuffs and is quickly brought back inside. "Why would they bring her out just to put her back in?" I ask in confusion. Jeury shrugs, "I don't know what's going on in there but I need everyone's help. If you don't want to risk your life I completely understand but I would really appreciate it if you all helped." My dad buries his head in his hands, "I'll help, no one should be kept anywhere against their will if they haven't broken the law." His partner nods, "Me too." Aunt Halley gets up and raises some kind of mask up, "We'll help as well." Everyone agrees to help and Jeury smiles. "Thank you guys so much. You all should get ready because... We're going to Russia..."