Chapter eight- No pulse

Jayvin's POV

"I'm guessing there are no defibrillators," I say with pure panic brewing in my heart. "Elijah, do you still know the steps to CPR that I taught you?" I ask. He nods and starts performing CPR on Ashlin while Doriam does the same to Autumn. "Where's Damien? I need his help," I say. Jeury shrugs, "I don't know but I can help you." I shake my head, "I think you've done enough."

I run to the control room in hopes of finding a map of the power systems but I don't. Goddammit. They can't die. Not today.

Ashlin's POV

I open my eyes as a cold hand caresses my cheek. My heart drops and I crawl away as fast as I can. "Leave me alone!" I yell. Kartik stands in the same spot not moving a muscle. "It's time to go Ashlin." I stop crawling and I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" He smiles, "Your time is up." I shake my head, "Why are you here?" Kartik smiles the same way he did when he gave me my promise ring, "I'm here to take you to the other side." My eyelids flutter and tears form in my eyes, "where's Jayvin?" A butterfly lands on Kartik's shoulder, "He's alive, his soul isn't the one picking you up because after everything...I'm your person." I narrow my eyes, "that's not true. I cheated on you and when I did, I felt more alive than ever. Jayvin makes me truly happy. He is my person. You're a deception." His smile falls and his eyes turn red, "I guess I'll have to do this the hard way."

Jayvin's POV

I run into the dojo with a toaster and a bucket of water. "I have an idea," I say. Doriam looks up while still performing CPR, "What are you going to do?" I plug in the toaster, "stop compressions." I place the toaster on Autumn's heart and I hold it still, "pour the water." Doriam's eyes widen, "no way! Your hands will burn!" I sigh, "Jamari, let me use your jacket to wrap my hands." He nods and wraps my hands, "pour the damn water." Doriam yells in frustration and then pours the water. I yell in pain as the electricity seeps through the clothes. I lift up the toaster and Autumn gasps for air. Doriam pushes me softly, "you're not doing that again." I furrow my eyebrows, "I have to. I can't just let Ashlin die!"

Skylyn's POV

"Thank you for this Svick. The person that I need the most right now is I don't know where. Why isn't my mom here to comfort me?" I say with tears in my eyes. Svick shrugs, "she's also processing everything." I shake my head, "I need her and she's not here!" Tears roll down my cheeks and my hands shake again. I look up at Svick and he places his hands on mine. My hands feel suppressed but they also feel understood. "It's not worth it," he whispers.

Ashlin's POV

He lunges at me and I roll out of the way as fast as I can. "Leave me alone," I yell. Kartik laughs and dark clouds roll in. He jumps at me again and I fall on the floor. "I've been waiting to do this for so long." He pulls out a knife but before he gets to stab me, a gust of wind pushes him off. "Ashlin get up and run after me," A feminine voice demands. I look up and see a woman with beautiful gold wings. She looks...powerful. I get up and run after her until eventually, she stops running.

"I need to tell you something before you go back to the real world. Jamari is in trouble. When he was in a coma I gave him eternal knowledge but what that did was make his body prone to possession. Any skilled spirit can go inside his body and control him. You need to take the triangle from the necklace he found and put it on his forehead." She says. I furrow my eyebrows and nothing but confusion enters my head. "Wait what?" I say. She nods, "just do exactly what I said and you all will be fine."

Jayvin's POV

"Elijah stop compressions," I say as I place the toaster on Ashlin's chest. "Pour the water," I demand. Doriam makes a nervous facial expression and pours the water.

Ashlin's POV

It starts to rain and a lightning bolt hits my heart. The woman smiles and I'm lifted into the air. Jayvin, here I come. I look down and my heart drops as I see Kartik zooming at me with some kind of sword. I look over at the angel and she is on the floor with blue liquid coming out of her. The sword pierces through my chest and the lightning that was pulling me up disappears. I feel gravity playing its part as I fall. I look at my hand and it seems to be turning into dust. This is really the end...

Jayvin's POV

Halley walks into the room and she yells. She runs to her mom as I lift the toaster with tears in my eyes. "Please no. Please no!" She sobs. I look up at Doriam and then at my watch, "time of death 14:31." Halley sobs while holding her mom in her hands and I slam the toaster on the floor. "This is your fault," I yell at Jeury with my fists closed. He furrows his eyebrows, "I didn't force any of you to get in this submarine and help me! You guys volunteered. So don't blame me for casualties." I scoff, "is that what the death of Ashlin is to you? A casualty? Maybe you do deserve everything that happened to you." Doriam rubs my back and I move her hand, "how about you go comfort your daughter you know the one that got raped. Oh and your son that almost died of asphyxiation." I walk out of the room and with every step I take, a piece of my heart drops on the floor.

Doriam's POV

"Mom, what happened to Skylyn?" Sebastian asks. I look at him and I frown, "He raped her." I say as I point at Grodd. Sebastian clenches his teeth, "and why aren't you with her? Oh wait, you're never there for her. All you ever cared about was her fame." Sebastian walks out of the dojo and I sigh. "What are we going to do with the body?" I ask. Jeury shrugs, "throw it in the ocean for all I care." He grabs Miya's hand and they walk out. Jamari walks to Halley and he hugs her. She hugs him back and sobs in his arms. 

Halley's POV

I feel something wet hit the tip of my nose and I look up to see that Jamari is bleeding from his nose. "You're bleeding," I say and I pull away. He touches his nose and furrows his eyebrows, "th-th-that's weird." I suck my teeth, no it's fine. Just go clean yourself."

Jamari's POV

I speed walk to the bathroom and I splash my face with water as soon as I get there. These nose bleeds are killing me. The lights above me flicker and I look up in confusion. I grab a paper towel and dry my face. "H-Halley?" I ask. The only thing that speaks is silence and fear is planted in my heart. I walk slowly towards the door but it closes aggressively on its own. I jump back and I turn around. I furrow my eyebrows, "M-m-maggie, is that you?" She nods and forces a smile. Blue blood drips down her nose and she applies pressure to her stomach which looks like it got stabbed. "Are you okay?" I ask. She shakes her head, "I'm dying but this is not why I'm here. I'm here to tell you not to listen to the voices. They'll only h-" A man appears behind her and slices her head off. My hands shake and I take out my car from my pocket. I spin the wheels aggressively and the man laughs, "I killed your mom but there are still loose ends to tie. And you... you're the perfect way to fulfill my purpose." He lunges at me and I plead, "p-p-please leave me alone!" I yell. My eyes roll back and I feel my entire body shake like never before. Blood drips down my nose and I smile. "It feels good to be back."