Chapter Six- They're starved

Maggie's POV

Jamari let go of my hand and I felt something sharp poke my arm. After that, everything went dark.

I feel my wings drag across some rough gravel and the ends of my hair get wet. I slowly open my eyes and find that everything is upside down. My eyes roll to the back of my head and once again, everything goes dark.

Present Time

Skylyn's POV

The alarm sounds wake me up, but I'm surprised when I realize that I am not in my room. An unfamiliar face walks up to me and grabs me by my neck. My eyes widen as I fight for air, my small hands trying to hit his face.

16 years earlier

Maggie's POV

I regain consciousness and I'm greeted by a familiar face. "Victor," I slur bitterly. He smiles, "I'm glad you remember who I am. I told you that I would find you and get my revenge. It was only a matter of when." I roll my eyes and look below me, my heart drops. "Victor, you don't want to do this," I say. Victor laughs, "What's wrong? You don't want to be submerged in the same water you submerged me in to take away my powers?"

A few years ago Victor and I fought a battle where I won. That battle made me part of a council of angels called The Goldwings. The council is only accessible to those who go through all the preps and win the ultimate battle. I won the battle the moment I left Victor powerless when I pushed him off of a cliff that landed him in the depriving waters. When I realized what I did, I felt extremely bad. I don't wish what happened to him on any angel.

"You know I didn't mean to, Victor. It was a mistake!" I explain. Victor nods and pulls out a beaker with some kind of green liquid inside. "Drink," He demands. I shake my head, "I'm not consuming anything you give me." Victor grabs my face roughly and opens my mouth. "I said drink." He forces the liquid into my mouth and hits my throat to make me swallow. Right after I swallow the green liquid I feel the world around me spin and turn upside down. "What have you done?" I slur like a drunk. His laugh echoes in my head getting quieter and quieter over time.

Present Time

Skylyn's POV

The man throws me on the submarine's hard floor, and another one handcuffs me to a metal bar. "Who are you?" I ask. The man shakes his head and clicks his tongue three times. "I'll be the one asking the questions today. I'm General Grodd but you, young lady, will call me papa." Disgust fills my blood and I shake my head, "I'm not calling you that." Grodd walks towards me and kneels, "You're such a pretty young lady you know that right? It's such a shame that you're such a bitch." He smacks me and I let out a loud yell. I breathe heavily and from the corner of my eyes, I see my dad's body drop to the floor. "I swear to whatever you believe in, if you lay your hands on my daughter I will tear you to bits." He threatens. Grodd chuckles and kneels to meet my dad's eye level, "Let's get one thing straight, I am now the captain of this ship. You all will do as I say, and if I want to make your gorgeous daughter my little sex toy then I will. And there's nothing you will be able to do to stop me." He snarks. My dad clenches his teeth and the rest of the group is brought to the area in shackles. I look at my brother and he has bruises all over his face. Who are these men? How did they get inside?

16 years earlier

Maggies's POV

My head twitches and nothing but rage fills my body. Victor unties me and then punches me in the face causing blue blood to come out from my mouth. "I'm going to make you feel so much pain. Best believe that. Let's take a trip down memory lane. The day I helped put the man that killed your dad in jail."