Chapter 10: Fool me Once, shame on you

Chapter 10

Fool me Once, Shame on you

>>Carter

I was about three seconds away from opening the door when I actually heard the yelling.

“You have got to be kidding me!” an all too familiar voice bellowed in frustration. I froze at the sound of a desk crashing to the ground like it had been turned over forcefully.

‘Oh boy.’ I thought

“Nolan calm down!” I hear Mrs. Jazz snapped like she’s had this conversation a million and one times too many. “That attitude of yours is getting way out of hand young man!”

‘Maybe I should go.’

“Like you fucking care-”

“Watch your tongue!” she warned making the whole room go into an uncomfortable silence.

“Wow I can actually feel the awkward.” I say immediately enclosing a palm on my mouth the second I realized I said that out loud.

It took about two seconds for the door to fly open to revel a very pissed off Nolan looking down at me in irritation. I found myself completely unable to breathe properly under his intelligent green gaze. Sue me cause I know you’d do the same if you just saw how this boy looks when he’s angry.

Fine as a pen.

“Eavesdropping a hobby of yours or something?” he asked making me snap out of the trance he held on me for that split second before hardening my own expression.

“Course. Every Tuesday to Friday. Excuse me.” I roll my eyes pushing my way past his broad shoulders towards Mrs. Jazz.

“Sorry bout that.” She muttered as I stood by her desk, I ignored the fact that there was a desk turned over in the middle of the classroom, along with papers, and books that must have been on it. “I forgot you were coming for the… Assignments, but I have to warn you there’s a lot of-”

“Yeah I know.” I cut her off before mouthing ‘Genevieve’, making her understand where I got the information from.

“Ah... She still doesn’t…”

I shook my head in response, knowing she wanted to know if I’ve told Genevieve who Reality is. It's not going to happen, especially since she’s a part of the club Reality was technically in.

“I’m still here.” Nolan waves causing me to hold back a grin as Mrs. Jazz rolled her eyes.

“I’ll deal with you later.” she glared searching through her desk as he just scoffed in response. Whatever happened to the heated argument just flew right out the window as if it never happened. They had some sort of relationship that I never noticed before, but I guess it’s none of my business to know; I just wanted to get out with the 'Questions' before another argument occurs.

“Here you go.” Mrs. Jazz sang giving me a lot of folded letters.

“Ugh.” I grunted in irritation before whispering. “I’m starting to regret this.”

“Too late to turn back now.” She answered gleefully before patting my shoulder.

“And now I’m leaving.” Nolan muttered taking a step out only to have Mrs. Jazz glare harshly in his direction before yelling.

“Freeze Mr.!”

He froze before taking a long irritated sigh. “So close.”

“I’ll just leave and let you two talk.” I say stuffing all the envelopes containing the ‘Questions’ I’m to do in my bag.