Chapter 18: Ignorance

Chapter 18

***Eve on the side***

Ignorance

>>>Carter

They say Ignorance is bliss.

I call bullshit to whoever was the smartass that made that up, because if that shit was true I'd be much happier in life.

If I was ignorant, I'd be telling myself I was straight since day one. If I was ignorant I'd convince myself that life was oh so great and the reality of it all didn't exist. In other words, if I was ignorant....

I'd be stupid.

So I won't be ignorant right now and pretend that I did not see that stupid number behind Nolan freaking jersey, and I won't be an idiot and not put two and two together like I can't do the simple math in this and figure out what it means...

But I will be ignorant by ignoring this situation, because my thoughts are as scrambled as eggs at the moment. Right now, Genevieve and I were at my place, sitting quietly in our usual spot in the couch not uttering a word to each other, and the silence was starting to get really weird for my liking.

"So let me get this straight. You." I started pointing at Genevieve who pouted sourly at me being the one to start this inevitable conversation. "Dated that irritating human being I've been tutoring for almost a month, and it never crossed your mind to say anything at all to me Eve?"

"Well... first of all I thought you knew." She stated putting her hands up in defensive mode. "In fact I thought the whole school knew since it was a big deal thing in sophomore year-"

"That long?"

"Yeah, but we were just a golden couple there for show, because of you know what." She sighs. "Nolan and I are really good friends, but we haven't talked since... well when he left me, because he was tired of pretending about everything. I panicked, ran into the library and well... you know the rest."

"Oh." I hummed in understanding leaning back in the couch, makes sense I guess. "Still you've never mentioned it at all during the last month, plus whenever he's in one of our conversations you get all fangirl on me."

"When I heard you were going to help him out in his studies I thought that you'd be good for him if you know what I mean." She winks giddily.

"See. You're doing it again." I sighed making her chuckle in response as she nudged my shoulder playfully. Now that I think about it, the fangirling may have been my biggest clue that he and Eve knew each other, because she seemed bent on 'shipping' us, or whatever that's supposed to mean.

"I'm sorry I just assumed things Carter." Eve apologized, "But just know I didn't do it on purpose."

"Yeah yeah. I'll forgive you if you get your laptop out. Season two is calling my name." I simply stated making her roll her eyes in reply, but nodded in agreement with a solemn smile on her face.

"Sir yes sir." She saluted, letting us both have a small laugh before taking the laptop out to search through Netflix.

We didn't discuss any further on that topic, and I was relieved to get it over with, but at the same time I felt like this wasn't really the biggest question I've answered yet, and that was weird. I won't lie, I still had some stuff... or more precise someone on my mind at the moment, and it was starting to distract me from watching some episodes with Eve.

How dare that idiot deprive my attention from my show, this is a crime.

......................