Chapter 14: Number

Chapter 14

Number

>>Carter

What are you supposed to do with a guy's number?

"Am I supposed to text him or something?" I asked Genevieve as she smiles creepily at this situation. Right now, we were both at my place in the living room so we could watch more episodes like what her asked to come over for in the first place.

Instead, when I told her the situation that happened earlier with Nolan, I instantly regretted it as she screamed bloody Mary with her Banshee of a voice. She started to bombard me with questions like the fangirl of the century as if I was in one of those cliché romance shows she adores so much, and according to her, in this case she has a chance to be a side character in one that gets to witness it.

Pssh. Fangirls are crazy beings.

"You're seriously exhausting me Carter." She sighs dreamily.

"I'm exahsting you." I scoffed. "You're the one that's not telling me anything unless it's along the lines of 'Ask him out.' Or 'Tell him to marry you." I mocked in her squealing tone.

"Ugh. I do not sound like that."

"Yes. Yes you do." I confirmed.

"Oh come on your making this harder than it should be! You're wasting time! I need my ship to sail now!"

"Ship? What the flying fajitas are you talking about?" I raise my brows in confusion. She wasn't making any sense right now, and what ship? The sea wasn't anywhere near Regional hills.

"Let's go. Talk to him." she whines shaking my shoulders impatiently.

"You're useless." I say before taking my phone out of my pocket. I really wasn't sure what to do in this situation, but I guess all I had to do was give him the number.

"Oh my Lana Del Ray Carter." Genevieve gasps. I turned to her in confusion and saw that she was looking towards my phone like it was from another planet.

"What? Is my phone that ugly?"

"It's wouldn't say ugly. It's Ancient." She retorted as a fact still eyeing the 1991 Nokia I owned. It was really cheap and so small that it fit very easily right into my palm.

"Yeah, but it works." I simply shrugged. She just sighed, and left it that way. Good.

"The anticipation is annoying call the guy."

"I'm texting him." I rolled my eyes at her ridiculousness. I'm tutoring the guy, not finding happily ever after.

Those are bullshit.

"Eve stop looking at me like that it's creepy." She quickly looks away and started to whistle a random tune as if she wasn't doing anything of the sort in the first place.

I typed in two words that were straight enough to the point that I almost thought it was too blunt. Which is exactly why I sent it.

"There. Done. Now let's watch some episodes."

"Whoa whoa whoa hold on." Eve states making me sigh in irritation. What now? "Show me the text."

"What why-"

"Show me the text." She demanded.

With a shrug, I simply gave her the phone and waited a few seconds before she sighed.

"Carter come here." She says in a disappointed tone. "I want to tell you a secret."

"What?"

"Just come here."