Chapter 15: Wake me up

Chapter 15

Wake me up

>>>Carter

I sat in the empty classroom for the past hour in complete and utter boredom. I usually had Mrs. Jazz to keep me company, but she apparently left for a family emergency since this afternoon. Meaning that I was stuck in here until 4:30 for Nolan, how fun.

To waste time, I was just answering a few of questions, and listening to some music on my phone with some headphones (not the big ear muffs kind either) so no one can hear. I didn't have anything else to do so why not?

"Feeling my way through the darkness." I muttered along with the music in my ears. There was no one here to see or hear me right now; I was just having a little time to myself. "Guided by a beating heart... I can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where it starts. They tell me I'm too young to understand. They say I'm caught up in a dream..."

I was caught by surprise when one of my earphones was being plugged out before a playful chuckle filled the room making me scramble to hide the answer I was writing with my hands.

"Well I hope you can tutor better than you can sing." Nolan chuckled as I grunted in response. This is embarrassing; how didn't I notice him coming in? Instead of responding, I quickly hid all the Questions and Answers I was working on into my backpack, avoiding any eye contact with him, as I took out a blue folder containing some of his grades. I turned towards Nolan, and almost dropped the folder as my eyes carefully scanned his figure.

I came to the conclusion that he probably just came out from the showers the way his dirty blonde hair was completely wet and stuck across his forehead; it was still dripping with water as he took the small white towel across his broad shoulders to lazily rub it dry. His signature white and blue football jersey with the school's emblem of a wolverine hugged his muscles in a much too distracting manner for it was stuck to his still damped body. Showing every.. single.. outline of a defined chest and six pack to only further his stereotypical good looks.

I removed my eyes. "You're late."

"You're annoying." He replied smugly with no care. His green eyes landed on my hazel ones as if daring me to argue.

Really? You wanna go there huh?

"Oh?" I raise my brow in challenge. "You're calling me annoying Jackass? Well guess what? So is waiting for your stupid self to show up an hour and a half after school because you have practice in the evenings. I actually like my bed, and we have a very good relationship going on, so count your lucky balls I'm actually doing this." He had some nerve calling me annoying, and if he thinks I'll just sit back and take any crap he says to me, he's got another thing coming.

At first, he scrunched his face in a confused manner that would make you think he wasn't used to getting told off like that; then his features became less harsh at my words before putting on a slight grin like what I said answered an unasked question.