Chapter 4 - Great Hall, the Sorting Hat & the Common Rooms

Chloe has now arrived at Hogwarts with her new friend, Hermione and she is starting to get to know Neville, Harry and Ron 🥰

Are you ready to see what Chloe's first year at Hogwarts will look like? 💛

The huge oak door swung open at once after Hagrid had knocked on it with his fist. A tall, dark-haired witch that had her hair tied up in a bun and was dressed in emerald green robes stood there with a very stern face on her. 

"The firs-years, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid said and smiled at Professor McGonagall who smiled back at him. 

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." Professor McGonagall said and pulled the huge oak door wider. 

Hagrid then walked away from the new group of first-year students and went to sit down in the Great Hall with the other professors of Hogwarts. 

The Entrance Hall was massive and the stone walls were lit with flaming torches on either side of them. Professor McGonagall led the group of new first-year students up a beautiful marble staircase to the upper floors of Hogwarts. 

Chloe, Hermione, Harry, Ron and the rest of the first-year students all followed behind Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. 

The new group of first-year students then heard hundreds of voices coming from a doorway to the right and this meant that the rest of the Hogwarts students were already there. 

Professor McGonagall continued to lead the new group of first-year students to a small empty chamber off the hall as they started to crowd around one another and looked at each other nervously. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall began to say to the group of new first-year students around her. 

"The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. Before you can take your seats though, you will be sorted into your houses and they will be like your family while here at Hogwarts as you will have classes with the rest of your houses, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your own House Common Room." Professor McGonagall then said and looked around the new first-year students that were standing in front of her. 

"The four houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Your triumphs will earn you house points, any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of each year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup which is a great honour to have." Professor McGonagall spoke to the new first year students who all nodded their heads at her. 

Neville Longbottom was a scared and nervous boy had spotted his lost toad sitting by Professor McGonagall. Neville jumped forward from his spot amongst the crowd of first-year students to get his toad. 

"Trevor!" Neville said and picked up his toad. 

Professor McGonagall started at Neville who then looked back up at the stern professor standing in front of him. 

"Sorry." Neville muttered quietly and returned back to his spot behind Chloe and Hermione with his toad in his hands. 

Professor McGonagall looked back at the crowd of new first-year students standing in front of her nervously.

"The Sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Professor McGonagall said and walked out of the room leaving the new first-year students looking around at each other. 

A slicked back blonde haired boy started to speak up which made Chloe to turn around to look for the boy. Chloe then saw the blonde-haired boy walking towards where Harry and Ron were standing.