Chapter 12 - Hagrid's Hut and Getting caught by Professor McGonagall

This chapter is set a few weeks later after the Christmas Break. Chloe, Hermione, Harry and Ron were always in the library after classes most days when they were all free, but still struggled to find information on Nicholas Flamel! 🧐

Chloe, Hermione, Harry and Ron were currently in the library after class one day and they were still researching on Nicholas Flamel. Harry and Ron were seated down at a table in the library reading some books on the table while Hermione and Chloe were walking up and down an aisle in the library finding some books that they think would mention Nicholas Flamel.

Chloe and Hermione then went back to the table where Harry and Ron were sitting at reading after finding a book in the aisle that they were looking in and they had a huge book in their hands and Hermione thumped it down onto the table making both Harry and Ron jump at the noise as Hermione and Chloe both sat down opposite Harry and Ron.

"We had you looking in the wrong section! How could we so stupid? We both checked this book out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Hermione said and opened up the book to find the page on Nicholas Flamel with Chloe leaning over her shoulder to find it as well.

"You sure this is light reading?" Ron said with a bit of a surprise in his voice as he then saw Chloe and Hermione glaring at him.

"Guess what we found in this book?" Chloe said to Harry and Ron who then both leaned in forward towards Chloe and Hermione.

"Of course, Chloe! Here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said as she and Chloe both looked up at Harry and Ron who both had confused looks on their faces.

"The what?" Harry and Ron both said at the same time still with confused looks on their faces and saw Chloe and Hermione roll their eyes at them.   

"Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione said and rolled her eyes as Chloe smirked at Harry and Ron who then glared at Chloe and then looked back at Hermione who was looking down at the book in front of her, "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione said as she and Chloe both looked back up at Harry and Ron who was still confused. 

"Immortal?" Ron said with a bit of confusion on his face. 

"It means that you will never die." Hermione said and looked at Ron. 

"I know what it means!" Ron shouted a little at Hermione and saw Chloe shushing the both of them. 

"Shh! We're in a library remember, please speak in a quieter tone." Chloe said and looked at Ron and then looked back at Hermione. 

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday! That's what Fluffy is guarding on the 3rd floor. That is what is under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said and closed the book and looked at Chloe. 

Chloe, Hermione, Harry and Ron all looked at each other for a minute and they all knew that they had to talk to Hagrid about the Philosopher's Stone later to see if they can find out any more information from Hagrid on the Philosopher's Stone after they all finished their last class of the day. 

It was now evening time at Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe were all running across the wet grounds towards Hagrid's hut and Harry knocked on the front door of Hagrid's hut and the door opened immediately. 

"Hagrid!" Harry said as he, Ron, Hermione and Chloe saw Hagrid peek in through the door and he had an apron and oven mitts on.

"Oh, hullo. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid said and started to close the door behind him.