Chapter 6

Ezra POV (20 minutes earlier)
"I told you I'm fine," I tried explaining as Kyra came up to me and examined my face,
"And I told you to keep the ice pack on or it's going to bruise worse,"
I looked up at her wincing a little as I moved my head.
She must have noticed because she gave me a knowing look.
I mumbled an ok and put the ice pack on my chin.
"Sorry about that by the way, I didn't intend on hitting you that hard, I was just caught in the moment." Kyra said.

I glanced up at her.

Her mask was on the nightstand next to her so I could see the frown on her face.

Her arms were on full display as well.
Her bandages wrapped tightly around her lower arms.

I furrowed my brows.
Kyra was always upset when she hurt us even if it was during training.
She cared a lot for me and Fallon, though I can't blame her considering the fact that she's literally the last of her kind.

Me and Fallon were all she had left, and Kyra depended deeply on us.
I just wish she had someone else. Someone that wasn't me or Fallon, someone who could really help her, and be there for her.

I shook my head getting out of thought and spoke up,
"Hey I'm fine, we were training, we're supposed to challenge each other anyways, today was a good test for me, now I know that I need to get better a dodging incoming attacks."

Kyra looked down at me, uncertainty covering her face.
She sighed and said,
"Alright if you say so,"
I smiled but before I was able to say anything we heard the smoke detector go off.
Quickly we both got up and headed downstairs. Smoke trailing to the kitchen, making our steps get faster, to find the source of the problem.
Once we got there we stopped immediately.
Fallon was pacing around quickly trying to tame the flames currently on top of the stove.

"What are you doing!?"
I yelled trying to speak over the smoke detectors.
"Don't get mad at me. I was trying to make dinner!"
Fallon explained over the alarms and fire now covering most of the stove top.
"What on earth were you trying to cook?!"
Kyra yelled next to me.
"I think the recipe called it some kind of soup,"Fallon said.
I looked at Fallon in disbelief, "you don't even know the name of what you were cooking?" I asked genuinely concerned.
"I was trying to make some food for you us after today's first day as a sort of celebration for a good first day, but I guess things didn't go according to plan," Fallon explained.
"Yeah no shi-" before I got the chance to say anything else Kyra flew water onto the stove. Covering the flames in a layer of liquid, slowly but surely the flames diminished.
Sometimes I forget Kyra can do that.
Her power consists of controlling and creating the four elements as well as being able to shift into a dragon.
This is why she's in charge, honesty we'd be dead without her. I thought recounting the times Kyra has saved me and Fallon.
"Well after that..... accident, why don't we go somewhere and eat?" Kyra suggested.
Fallon sadly walked out of the kitchen saying she was going to go get her phone to look up places.
Once she left me and Kyra turned to each other. She was still looking back to Fallon.
"At least  she tried," Kyra said to me.
I smiled Kyra was always like this.
"Yeah I guess your right."
Fallon then walked downstairs with her phone in hand.
"Hey guys what about Sally's diner, it has a five star rating, and looks good."
Me and Kyra looked at Fallons phone.
We looked through the menu, and the ratings from people.
It seemed like a good place.
Once we all agreed we got ready. I got my phone and put a hoodie on.
Fallon got her purse.
Kyra got her jacket and put her face mask on.
Once we were all ready we headed out and got into my car.
The drive took about 10 minutes and consisted of Fallon and Kyra singing along to horrible 2000's pop music.
Once we finally arrived at the diner we got out of the car and walked up.
The place seemed to have a relatively nice vibe. It had good smells and people were smiling and talking to each other.
We got in and waited for someone to seat us. When we suddenly heard a loud coughing.
Confused, we all looked over.
"Hey it's the alpha from PE," Fallon said recognizing the girl.
The girl then looked over at us. Fallon smiled and waived.
I then noticed the boy who was sitting across from her.
He looked familiar, I think I had him in a class. Though despite that I couldn't help but look at him.
There was something strange it was like I was pulled towards him.
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down, my cheeks dusted with a pink shade.
I looked back at the man.
He was smirking at me, which only made my face redder.
Eventually a waitress came and we took our seats. It was a booth a little ways from the kids from school.
I looked over at Kyra who seemed to be looking at the table.
I looked over and realized the girl was taking small glances at Kyra but looked away when she saw Kyra notice her.
Kyra seemed to have the same reaction to the girl as I did the guy.
That's weird.
I wonder what that was all about.
I thought more to myself until the waiter came and we told her our order.
***
The rest of the night was nice.
We all ate our food and talked, mostly me and Fallon, but Kyra doesn't talk much in public so it's not surprising, plus it's harder to hear her with the mask on.
When we payed for our meal and got up to leave.I looked back over to the group with the guy.
And sure enough the guy was staring straight at me.
I put my head down and immediately tried my best to cover my face.
I walked out with the two girls, feeling his stare on the way out, if that's even possible.
'That's weird' I thought to myself, 'wonder what all that was about'