Chapter 17

3rd POV
Celine eventually got around to greeting everyone.
Most people were nice and eager to talk to the young alpha which helped calm Celine's nerves.
She continued to glance in interest at Kyra.
She was just as silent as ever and her mask hiding her face.
Celine frowned, she drowned out the voices around her as she watched the girl from afar.
Kyra was so secretive no one but the other two knew anything about her.
Celine wanted to get to know her but she felt a barrier preventing her from doing so.
In Celine's eyes Kyra was hiding something from her.
She knew that much but she really didn't want to accept it.
It's been weeks now and Celine has been itching to get closer to the dragon shifter but found no way to do so.
The girl didn't speak
She hid her arms
And the words that Zion had told her registered again in Celine's head.

Ezra knew.

He knew what Kyra was to Celine.
That only made Celine ever more curious her head was plagued with questions.
Questions without answers.

"-ine"
"-eline"
"Celine!"

Celine snapped out her thoughts.
Her gaze drifting over to her mother who had a hand waving in front of her face.

"Are you ok darling, you seemed spaced out,"

"I'm fine mom, just thinking,"

Celine said as she directed her attention towards Kyra once again.
Celine's mother followed her daughters gaze and realised why her child was so out of it earlier.
She felt bad for Celine.
She knew how desperate Celine was becoming and she could tell that not being close with her mate was hurting her daughter.
She knew not of why Kyra was silent.
Nor did she know the reason of the face covering.
Though she never had the heart to ask.
She felt as though the reason of the silence and the mask were more personal and she didn't want to intrude into Kyra's personal life.
She sighed as she left her daughter to be with her thoughts.
Not knowing how to help her daughter she simply watched from afar.

Zion wasn't much different.
He had been noticeably quieter in the past week, not as outgoing and flamboyant.
He seemed almost as spaced out as Celine.
Much like Celine, Zion was spaced out nobody knowing truely why, though they could make a good guess.
Ever since Ezra dropped the bomb about him knowing that Kyra and Celine were mates Zion has pestered himself with questions.
Zion tore his gaze from Ezra to Clair who had took it upon herself to run up to Kyra shouting the assuming nickname she had given the red head.

"Rose! Rose!"

Clair shouted which gained the attention of some people in the room.
Some of the warriors and alphas were a little surprised when the young girl climbed into the fae's lap.

"Can you take me to the forest? I found a cool spot I wanna show you,"

Kyra looked to Claire's mother almost as if asking for permission. Her mother nodded and so Kyra nodded to Clair and set her down.
She held the small child's hand in hers and began walking out of the room,

"Don't go to far!"

Celine's mother called out,

"Ok!"

Clair exclaimed from the hallway as Kyra scent her a thumbs up as she helped Clair get in her jacket and shoes.
Conversation continued after the two left, leaving Celine to look into random space instead.

**with Kyra and Clair**

"C'mon Rosie it's just up ahead, hurry!!"

Clair said excitedly as she tugged in Kyra's arm. The child's eyes glistening brightly with joy.
Kyra smiled at Clair as she followed her lead, her mask now in her other hand.
Once Clair spotted the familiar rocks lining up near the trees she hurried her pace and soon enough the two came to a clearing.
It was a pretty sight.
There was a small river of clear water running through a strip of mossy covered rocks.
Some tree canopy's covered the tops and provided shade for the two.
Clair plopped down and Kyra followed.
The two began talking with ease.
Clair doing most of it as Kyra gave her input from time to time.