Chapter 25

Celine's POV

Kyra and I shook hands and the deal was set.
She nodded and we were once again met with the awkward silence.

"So, umm now that you know do you mind if I tell the other members about you knowing?"

"Naw it's fine, but I think you should tell them of the deal,"

I nodded at the idea

"Alright I'll let them know tomorrow night,"

Kyra simply nodded.

I didn't really like this,
We were both so awkward and silence came over, neither of us really knew what to say.

"So what's your favourite color?"

I blinked a little confused by the sudden question

"Huh?"

"Favourite color, if we want to work this out I'd like to get to know more about you, I know we talked about this kind of stuff in the letters, but to be honest I don't remember much, plus now it's in person,"

"Oh well I like the color red,"

"Personally I like black, but red is cool too,"

I smiled a little

"Your favourite color is black?"

Kyra nodded

"It goes with everything,"

"Huh I didn't really think of it that way,"

Kyra simply hummed and asked another question.

"What's your favourite flower?"

And that's how we spent our night simply talking and asking questions.
I enjoyed learning more of her and she seemed interested when I talked.

Eventually we both fell asleep and morning came round.

I woke up blinking and rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

I looked around the room, there was a pillow and a blanket placed neatly on the floor and I cringed at the idea of having Kyra sleep on the floor in her own room.

I looked down and realised that a blanket had been placed on me. I smiled at Kyra's kindness.

I stood up and stretched. I looked at my phone and it read, 11:36.

I assumed that Kyra had already been downstairs and had breakfast.

I was about to head down when I noticed a small yellow stick note on her nightstand.
Upon further inspection I saw that it was addressed to me.

___________________________________
Alpha~

I'll be downstairs when you wake up, feel free to stay in bed for as long as you need, also don't worry about me sleeping on the floor, it wasn't really that bad and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by sleeping next to you.

-Your dragon
____________________________________

I smiled at how nice she was, she seemed to care for me at least a little so I guess that's a good start.

With the note folded in my jacket pocket I made my way downstairs.

The rest of the pack was downstairs.
Already eating or talking to each other, the atmosphere was quite nice.

I reached the kitchen and got myself some coffee.
I sat with my friends, letting the hot liquid cool for a bit as I held it in my hands.

I noticed Kyra instantly, she sat with the rest of our friend group. Fallon on her left with Ezra on her right.

She was listening to whatever Fallon was saying, I didn't really bother trying to hear.

Kyra had a dazed expression not much emotion was displayed.

She looked across the table at me and I tensed slightly at the gaze from her.

She looked me in the eyes, neither one looking away, her bored expression didn't leave her.
Eventually she looked away and I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

I was a little nervous for tonight, I wondered how my pack would react.
If they would be ok with the idea or be mad at Kyra for not accepting the idea right away.

That thought made my hand wrap tighter around the cup.
*
*
*
*
The day passed on with not much happening.

Night neared as dinner was over and the moon began its rise amongst the darkening sky.

I had told the others that I had an announcement, to which Zion pulled me aside and asked what it was about since he knew nothing.

I told him that he would find out soon enough, he looked skeptical but let it slide.

The pack was now gathered and I was getting ready to tell them.

I looked over at Kyra who was looking back at me with a somewhat worried expression.

I figured she would be a little nervous as well. This could go either really good or really bad. I just hoped it was the first.

Eventually I decided to just say it and got their attention. I cleared my throat and spoke up.

"Attention everyone, by now I'm sure your all aware that I have a mate amongst the pack."

After hearing this they all looked over at Kyra who looked at me, not looking anywhere else but me.

"Recently, she had found out and made her decision,"

I could see my parents and Zion looking at me surprised, they were clearly not expecting that.

"And so a deal has been made,"

I could see the faces of my pack, they seemed confused so I continued,

"The deal is that I have 2 months...2 months to show Kyra that having a fated partner is not a bad idea."

I could see some members looking at Kyra understanding that she hasn't accepted me so I decided to speak up to make my ideas clear.

"I understand her reasoning for such a response, if anyone has a problem with it they will take it up with me, no one else, understood?"

Most of the members responded with a 'yes alpha' I could see that some people were displeased that she didn't accept me but I let them go.
I'd deal with them only when I needed to.

I looked over at Kyra, her eyes still on me as the others around her talked.
It seemed like a scene from a movie.

Time around us seemed to slow and we were the only ones who the other seemed to notice.

I looked at Kyra smiling slightly to hopefully relieve some of her nerves.
I was happy when she smiled back.

Both of us content and happy for the moment as we seemed to focus only on the other.

A couple of seconds later Kyra focused her attention back to Ezra snd Fallon who were talking and I turned around to face my group of friends.

They were talking and asking questions.
I smiled and kept the conversation going.

Still smiling slightly at the the idea of Kyra.

'Perhaps things will work out in the end'