Make Me Stay : Twenty Two

Mina

I heard few steps coming to where I am then, I felt Chaeyoung's presence beside me. I can clearly heard terrifying deep breathes from her which made me gulped in nervousness

"Is that really ours,Mina?"

The tone of her voice seemed so irritated which left me utter no words at all and just nod for confirmation

"But why? You know how I hate kids right?!"

"B-baby, aren't you happy? We finally had our own baby—"

"Happy? Should I really be happy? Oh please, you know how I despise kids and I would rather paint than to look at them!"

"Son Chaeyoung!"

Jihyo's loud voice echoed in the room creating an eery silence for a while until Chaeyoung spoke again

"So, all of you were part of this,huh?"

"Chaeng..we just want you and Mina to be—"

"What? To be happy? You all knew that I'm not into kids for fuck's sake and having one would be just a total disaster and a nuisance—"

*Slap*

I heard a loud sound of slap echoed in the room which stopped Chaeyoung

"You really became an asshole,Son Chaeyoung. I'm not sure if this slap would be enough to wake you up but I don't care. You deserve to be slapped for acting this way. Mina only wanted for you guys to be happy but here you are, acting like a total jerk infront of us. Grow up,Son fucking Chaeyoung!"

Somi sounded so mad and angry. I can't see her face but hearing her voice gives me creeps.

"Get out of this,Somi. Don't get yourself involve on things you weren't even a part of in the first place and that goes for everyone as well. Stop meddling into our private lives!"

"Private lives? Meddling? Chaeyoung we're just trying to help you and Mina—"

"And for fuck's sake, we don't need your fucking help! I don't need anyone's help as much as I don't need that baby!"

I couldn't bring myself to utter another word hearing Chaeyoung's reaction. It's as if she really didn't want baby Yuna at all and it hurts me so bad that I can't help my orbs to cry. Well, I know she hates kids a lot but Yuna is ours.

Yuna is a baby. A blessing. An angel given to us..

How can she even react this way when she should be happy for us like everyone does? We are finally having our own child but she sounded so mad and disappointed.

My thoughts were cut off when Somi spoke again

"You did changed a lot Chaeyoung and this time you're even worst. It's like I don't know you at all. We don't know you at all"

"I don't care and I don't mind at all, Somi. Oh and by the way Mina, I'll be out for a while but I hope that that baby is already gone as well as your friends when I came back"

The moment I felt Chaeyoung left was also the moment I can't help but to start sobbing and crying so hard. I felt so embarrassed and stupid in front of the girls and at the same time I felt so disappointed at Chaeyoung

All of us knew how much she hates kids but I didn't imagine that she would react this way. What she did was just too embarrassing. She's gone rude not only to me but to everyone else.

This is really embarrassing and it's killing me

"Hush now,Mina. Maybe Chaeyoung still needs more time to accept this. I guess, she's just too surprise—"

"She's not surprised,Sana. She's being an asshole"

"Yah,Tzuyu!"

"Tzuyu is right. She didn't even appreciate Mina's efforts.."

I felt bad for the girls. They're just really helping us out but Chaeyoung didn't even seemed grateful and I feel so ashamed of how she acted earlier

"I-I'm sorry girls. It's all my fault—"

"Nah,don't be sorry,Mina. It's no one's fault but I guess it's better if we just let Chaeyoung be for the meantime. I'm sure sooner or later, she'll learn to love Yuna like everyone of us do"

"I hope so,too Nayeon unnie"

Everyone decided to continue the party for our little angel,Yuna. The girls made sure to bring back the happy and joyful vibe that was ruined earlier and so far, it's going pretty good

Everyone were happy and so am I. It would indeed be much more happier if Chaeyoung would be here to celebrate with us but Sadly, we cant.

We were now happily gathered in the dining table. eating up to our heart's content when suddenly Jihyo  asked me something

"Hey Mina, Did you perhaps knew the reason why Chaeyoung hates kids this much? I'm getting confuse about her behavior towards children."

I heaved a deep sigh and  think of what just Jihyo said. She's right. Chaeyoung's behavior towards children was kind of weird and suspicious

"I-I don't know. Chaeyoung just told me that she's just not really fond of having kids around and that she'd rather focus on her dreams than to take care of a child"

"Really?That's kind of weird. Everyone loves having a child around. They're sweet and cute. I'm really wondering what is her real deal.."

"What about Chaeyoung's family,Mina?"

"Ehhhh??' Chaeyoung's Family? How come her family got involved? I don't even know any of them—"

"Exactly. We all didn't knew about her family. All we know is that she grew up with Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Tzuyu.."

Right, I remember Chaeyoung hates talking about her family so we never ever discussed about it even before our marriage. I didn't  knew her parent's names and I didn't even knew if she had a sibling or if she's an only child

All I know is she grew up with Jeongyeon unnie, Dahyun and Tzuyu. That's all and the rest is history.

"Jeongyeon unnie? Do you guys know about Chaeyoung's past? I mean her family?"

"I'm not sure,Mina. All I know is Chaeyoung was sent by her aunt to live with me, Dahyun and Tzuyu back then. We don't know anything about her family 'cause she hates talking about it.."

I sighed and tried my best to clear my mind. I'm starting to think of possible scenarios that might have been the reason of Chaeyoung's behavior until I heard baby Yuna started crying inside her baby crib

"Oh, let me get that cute angel for you,Mina"

I waited for Jihyo unnie until I felt her carefully giving baby Yuna to me

"Here she is. Oh, I think she's missing her mom. She misses you,Mina"

"She does?"

"Of course, she does.."

I smiled as soon as I felt baby Yuna's warmth in my arms and suddenly, all my worries started to vanish one by one

I caressed her cheeks before kissing her temple. I felt  her giggling in her own little way which made me smile and tear up due to so much joy

"Hey there little one,thank you for coming into my life. I know things may not be that easy from now on but I promise you that I'll give you all the love that you deserve and no matter what happens, I'll love you with all of my heart just like I love your other mom.."

----

Stay safe everyone🖤🥰