Make Me Stay: Fourty

Chaeyoung

I can feel a hot metal burried down on my left shoulder which once again made me fall on the cold hard floor and If it weren't for Mina, I'm sure the bullet would go straight in my chest and might probably kill me right there and then

"Bitch!"

I worriedly looked at Mina as her body stumbled down beside me as well after Jeonghoon slapped her. He was so mad at Mina for biting his arm which caused him to miss his aim on me

"You worthless piece of trash, I'll kill you!"

Jeonghoon began kicking Mina everywhere his leg landed making Mina groaned in pain. My heart broke in pieces seeing the one I love being in this kind of pain just because of me and my family. I began begging at him countless of times wishing he'd listen to me

"J-Jeonghoon, please..n-not Mina.."

I tried my best to beg louder hoping my brother would still hear it though the bullets that buried deep in my shoulder and leg is killing me painfully.

"P-please, spare my wife and I'll do anything you want.. I p-promise..just please, l-let my wife go"

All of a sudden, my brother stopped and looked at me while grinning so evily

"Would you really do what I want, loser?"

"I-I promise—"

"C-chaeng, No..."

I smiled weakly at Mina hoping it would somehow give her even a bit of comfort and strength for the meantime. Jeonghoon on the otherhand went to me and step on my wounded shoulder which made me cry in deep pain

"Aaaarg!"

"Chaeyoung!"

Jeonghoon stomped his feet on my fresh wound until I can't understand anything at all. I feel so light and dizzy. My body is so numb that I can't even feel what's aching the most at all.

"I'd really want to kill both of you now, loser but since your wife has nothing to do with me personally, I'll let her go but in one condition."

I closed my eyes as I catch my breathe and prepared for the condition that my brother was about to announce

"Kill yourself, loser"

"C-Chaeyoung, No!"

"Kill yourself infront of me and your wife. Kill yourself, loser and it'll all be over."

I heard Mina's violent reactions after hearing my brother's condition. It also surprised me but a part of me already expected this. He's always vocal about his desire to kill me but right now, it made me wonder why he desires to kill me this much

"C-Can you atleast tell me.. w-why do you hate me.. s-so much that you'd even..w-want me dead?"

"Simple. You're a liar and selfish, loser."

I looked at him cluelessly and wonder what does he really meant. What made him hate me this much and what made him do such thing like this

"Clueless? Loser, I hated you for lying to me. You  promised me that you'll never leave me like our mom did but you lied. You left me just like she did because you're selfish. You left me not even caring how would I be living alone in this hell. You left me not even caring what I would I go through just to live and survive. You left me alone with these demons when you're fully aware how evil they are. You left me here suffering while you were out there, living your life to the fullest, achieving your dreams and having a family of your own  probably forgetting about me..You broke your promise because you are that selfish. You made me like this, loser. You made me the man I never wanted to become.."

Guilt started to rush in me. He's right. I lied and I indeed forget about him. I did live a life comfortably not even minding or remembering if he's suffering or not, if he's living his life the way he wanted to or not and if he's doing good or not. I broke my own promise to him and to my mom. I forsake him and turned him to a man that he never wanted to be. He's right, It's all my fault.

"Jeonghoon, I'm sorry—"

"I-I waited for you.. for how many years but Y-you left me alone.. Y-you left me and forget about me, unnie..Y-you're so unfair.."

My brother's smirks was replaced by tears. Tears that I never expected to see from him. Suddenly, I remembered the sweet little kid who always whispers sweet stuffs to me years ago. The sweet little kid who I adore the most. The sweet little kid who's always there for me. The sweeet little kid who turned out to be the man he never wanted to be and the very same man infront of me who wants to kill me.

"Jeonghoon listen to me—"

"N-no, I'm not going to listen to you anymore..not at all. Y-you left me unnie, you left me..Y-you even forget me too...when all I do was to wait for you.."

He's crying. He's letting all his pain and emotions out but his eyes were still covered in anger and pain and I know, It's all my fault.

"Jeonghoon, I am sorry. I really am and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness or anything at all. I've caused you so much pain but please, let go of my wife. I'm willing to do the thing you wanted me to do just please, spare my wife."

"Fine, but I want you to kill yourself like the way mom did. Here.. Now kill yourself, unnie. Die for me.."

Jeonghoon placed a bottle of some pills infront of me and realized that it's the same pill that my mom used before to take her own life.

"Chaeyoung, don't you dare do that please—"

"Shut up, bitch!"

I looked at Mina who's currently being stopped by my brother. I mouted sorry to her before taking a pill. I took another and another while putting in my mind that this will save Mina from all of this. I continued taking pill after every pill until I slowly lost count .

After few minutes, I slowly began feeling a little weird,no— I feel nothing. I can't feel any pain at all even I've got fresh wounds in my body. I can't even heard anything as well except for that eery sound. My vision started to blur and everything around me started to move in spiral.

Flashes of memories began playing in my mind suddenly. The good and the bad. It's like a flahback of how I live my life until now. My struggles, my pain, my fears and my bad habits all comes with my achievements and happiness. Images of people I met in my life slowly started to show— my colleagues, my workmates, my friends, my mom, Yuna and Mina.

Mina..

God, I've done so may things that caused her so much pain. I hurt her countless of times but please, let her know that I truly love her and I'm so sorry for everything I've done that broke her heart.

I feel so tired. It's as if all my remaining strength was taken away from me. I'm loosing my breathe and I'm having a hard time breathing.

"I'm sorry, Mina..I-I love you.."

----------

Sorry for the lame chapter
I'm not really good at writing angst, sorry✌🏻
Stay put for last chapters
Stay safe and healthy guys,
I love yawa all everyone🥰🖤