Make Me Stay: Thirty Nine

Chaeyoung

I looked at Mina. Her body sprawled on the cold, hard floor almost lifeless from the beatings that she went through. Bloodstains all around her dress and face. A busted lip and a bloody forehead, all looked so bad and painful but what caught my eyes the most is the mixed emotions that her eyes portrays— disappointments and anger

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that way, Chaeyoung. Just kill me. Go on and make your rotten family proud. Do it, besides you all shares the same blood."

What the hell.

How can she even think of me that way when I only wanted to save her from my own family? Does she really think I can kill her just like my family does to innocent ones?

"Mina, what are you saying-"

"Fuck you! I really regret loving you, Son Chaeyoung! I should've known you're soul is as rotten as theirs. I guess the old saying is right, an apple tree will always bear an apple."

"Mina-"

"Kill me just like how you killed your own mom, Chaeyoung!"

I was shocked by her words. What is she saying? How can she even think of that. I didn't kill anyone and I will never kill anyone.

"Mina, wait that's not true. I didn't killed my mom! How can you even say that?"

"Liar! Your own brother told me everything, Chaeyoung. You're no different. You're as heartless as them and I am so disgusted at you, murderer!"

Tears began streaming down my face as Mina's false accusations kept ringing in my head. I don't know what type of lies did my brother fed her up but it's working. She's believing it all and she's hating me more than the word itself

I madly stare at my own brother who's smirking evily. He looked so amused of what is happening between me and my wife. He moved closer to me wearing his annoying smirks and began mocking me

"Why are you looking at me like that, loser? Why? Did you really forget how you killed mom? Do you want me to remind you about it again?"

"Fuck you, I didn't kill her and you know that! She took her own life. Stop feeding my wife some lies, Jeonghoon!"

"It's too late and besides, she believed it and that's not already my fault-"

"It's because she's mad at me after finding out that you killed her father. Fuck you!"

"I don't care, loser. I can fabricate whatever kind of lies just to make sure she'll hate you so if I were you, I'll just kill her and besides, she doesn't trusts you anymore. She doesn't even love you because she hates you now, loser.."

"Fuck you!"

I can feel my body trembling with anger as I witnessed how my brother turned into a demon just like my father and my grandfather. He's heartless, they're all heartless.

Mina being few steps away from me can't hear what Jeonghoon is saying. She was just there,staring at me. She was just there,maybe still thinking that I really killed my own mother.

"Kill her now, loser.."

Jeonghoon handed me a gun which made me gulped. The heavy weapon in my hand tells me that this thing is indeed loaded with bullets that could take away anyone's life in an instant.