Make Me Stay : Thirty One

Mina

"I want a divorce, Mina"

Those words broke my heart

I didn't imagine there'll come a time that she would even say those words. Those were the words that I never wanted to hear no matter how hard our situation may become.

Minutes had already passed by but I can't still utter any single word after hearing what she just told me. I can't still process everything and the silence that surrounds us makes it even worse along with this darkness that I am trapped with

My tears started to fall from my eyes down to my cheeks as I gripped on my stick. I tried my best not to cry so hard but the pain is too much for me to handle that I end up crying so bad

"Stop crying, Mina. Please don't make it even harder for both of us. We're already falling apart and things weren't the same way as it was before. I don't wanna hurt you anymore as much as I don't want to see you hurting. Mina, this is the best for us. I'm sorry.."

"C-chaeyoung, please don't do this to me.."

"Mina, this is all I am asking—"

"No, Chaeyoung. I don't want that shit and I don't want you out of my life. I know, we can still fix everything. We can always start anew and be happy if we choose to.."

"I'm sorry, Mina.."

"Why Chaeyoung? Why? Why does it seems to be so easy for you to leave me? Why does it seems to be so easy for you to give up? Why are you giving up on me, Chaeyoung? Why are you giving up so easily?"

"Mina, please it's the best for us. I'm just trying to save ourselves from further pain.."

"You're not saving us, Chaeyoung. You're killing us. You are killing me.."

"Mina, I am just trying to save you.."

"Save me? You're not saving me, Chaeyoung. You're saving yourself. You're saving yourself because you're a coward. You are so scared to face everything so you chose to take the easiest path which is running away—"

"I am not a coward and I am not running away!"

I flinched after hearing Chaeyoung suddenly yelled at me. Her voice were obviously full of anger

"If you're not a coward then prove it, Chaeyoung. Stay  and let's fix this. Let's start over again—"

"We can never fix this anymore, Mina because there's nothing to be fixed at all in the first place.."

"Chaeyoung—"

"Don't worry, I'll handle everything about it. All you need to do is to sign the divorce papers and we're done"

I cried so hard. Her cold and emotionless voice were telling me that she had really decided to end everything between us and that really broke my heart.

It's hurting me. No, it's killing me..

"Chaeyoung..please..."

"Fix yourself, Mina. I'll drive you back home"

------

I've been drowning on my thoughts as bitter tears fall down from my aching orbs. I've been crying my heart out and locked myself inside my room the moment Chaeyoung dropped me back home.