Make Me Stay : Twenty Nine

Mina

My tears began pouring endlessly after hearing what just Eunha said. I'm more than surprise knowing Eunha was the real mother of Yuna, my dearest little angel.

But wait, something is wrong. She's been in jail for a couple of years. How did she end up being Yuna's mother and how did she end up getting pregnant in the first place?

It all just seemed to be so impossible

"Eunha..wait, how could you even say that you are my child's real mother? It just don't make sense. I'm sorry but we all know you're trapped inside the jail and hey, Since when did you even start going out with men—"

"I don't go out with men, Mina and I still don't want to, You know that.."

"Then how—"

"I was.. I was r-raped.."

Oh God,No..

"I—I was raped by a police officer Inside the cell, Mina..H-he abused me.."

Oh my God!

I covered my mouth once again to surpress myself not until Eunha cried in front of us. She cried so hard which made me and Sana cried our hearts as well.

"He r-raped me..not only once b-but twice and I know.. H-He could've do it again and again..if he weren't only caught red handed.."

"God, Eunha.. I'm so sorry.."

"H-he raped me.. H-he did and I feel so disgusted with myself.. e-even until now.."

God, this is heartbreaking..

I feel so sorry for her. She doesn't deserve this. Any woman doesn't deserved to be abused. Yes, she had done something wrong back then but she doesn't deserve this.

"Eunha.."

"I-I'm sorry for my sudden outburst. It's just that, It is still haunting me every day and night. Sometimes, I even get panic attacks when I saw some policemen roaming around. He's in my thoughts and that scene where He is pointing his gun on my head while doing nasty things to me and my body is always playing in my mind.."

"No..it's okay,Eunha..and I'm sorry about what happened. I really am..Oh wait, since when did you get out of the jail..Oh, I'm sorry for the sudden question. I guess I sounded too rude..I'm sorry, I just wanted to know.."

"Don't be.. Actually I was given a parole last year but before I could even get out from the jail, that police officer molested me until he was caught. I was so scared and traumatized. I feel so disgusted with myself. Then after a month, I was released. I was finally free. I was actually about to get to you as soon as I get out to personally apologize but then I got hospitalized for two reasons— first, I'm pregnant.  Second, I'm diagnosed with stage four lung cancer.."

"Oh my God..I'm sorry about that,Eunha.."

"After I gave birth to Yuna, my condition got even worst so my family who was so disappointed and disgusted at me decided to take my child away which almost lost my sanity. I searched for her day and night until one day, out of guilt, my mom told me what my father just did. She told me He left my child into an orphanage. I decided to get her back immediately of course but the moment I was about to, she's already gone. I tried to look the ones who adopted my child and found out that it was you and Chaeyoung. That's when I realized I don't need to take her back anymore because aside from the fact that I'm dying, I know that my child is in good hands"

I'm so speechless.

"I don't mean or plan any harm and chaos to all of you. I don't wanna even bother you both but as a mother, I wanted to ask you a favor. A favor that only you can do.  Mina, I just really wanted you to take care of my child. That's all.."

I cried so hard hearing her voice full of sincerity and hopes. Hopes not for herself but for her child that she'll never be with.

Not again, not anymore..

I sighed. Life was too harsh for Eunha that almost half of her life was pure pain and agony. It's like life has been torturing her from the day she's born even up until now

"Eunha.. I am so sorry—"

"Please Mina, don't be. You don't have to say sorry.  I guess this is just how my fate is written and like I said, I already accepted it. I don't want you to feel sorry for me. I don't need any of those. I'm just here to apologize to you and to ask for those favors.."

"But Eunha maybe you could still recover. Why don't you undergo some treatments and—"

"It's too late, Mina. Actually, I only have more or less of a week to live. My cancer cells are so agressive but don't worry, my corneas are still in good shape..They're perfect and I guess they're really bound to be yours.."

"But Eunha..I don't think I can take them—"

"Please, Mina.. Just take them. You need them more than I do and besides, knowing my baby— I mean our baby looking at you means looking at me too..So please, Mina.. atleast let my child see a part of me even when I'm gone.."

"Eunha.."

I don't know what to say anymore. I didn't even imagine this is how our conversation would go. It's just so heartbreaking. Our little sobs engulfed the three of us for a minute or so until we calmed down. The very calming instrumental music that's playing around the cozy cafe somehow helped the three of us to calm ourselves down

The lonely silence between the three of us was broken when Eunha suddenly and sadly, bid a goodbye. A part of me don't wanna let her go just yet. I still want to make something for her and Yuna.

"I'm sorry but I think I have to go..I guess, this is our final goodbye—"

"Wait, Eunha.. can I ask you a favor. Just one, please?"

"Of course.. what is it, mina?"

"Can you atleast be with Yuna until your remaining days. Just be with her and make some happy memories together, please.."

I don't know what am I doing but all I know is this is the least thing I can do for them. This is the least thing they can have before Eunha left

"M-Mina that's too impossible.."

"Please?"

"Unfortunately, today is all I have because my family would be taking me back to the hospital tomorrow—"

"Then, just be with Yuna today.. Please.."

"But Mina, Chaeyoung would be mad if she finds this out—"

Chaeyoung would surely be mad but this isn't just about her anymore. She may or may not undestand but this isn't about her. It's about Eunha and Yuna who'll be spending their time together for the last time

"Forget about her. Please, Eunha.. it's the least thing I can do for you and Yuna.."

"But Mina—"

"Don't mind Chaeyoung. I got your back, Eunha.."

"Count me in, Eunha. I'm a bit clumsy but I can take care of Chaeyoung.."

I mentally thanked Satang for suddenly helping me out to convince Eunha

"You guys surely won't take no for an answer I guess.. So,fine.. I'll do it.."

"Really? Thanks Eunha—

"No..thank you..thank you so much guys..especially you, Mina..this means a lot to me, really.."

A smile escaped from my lips to hide the sadness I am feeling for Her. Spending a day with her child is the least thing I could do to make her happy atleast before she left. I just hope that this would be enough for the two of them until fate itself made a way for them to reunite again someday

-------

Short lame Ud..
Sorry been dealing with something lately..
Stay safe and healthy. I love yawa all🥰🖤
-chaempot