Make Me Stay: Fourty two

Mina

Chaeyoung held my hand before pulling me in for a hug. I wanted to rejoice and celebrate thinking it was a good sign but everything shattered when she suddenly said something that broke all of my expectations.

"I'm sorry, Mina. I'm so sorry but I don't think I can"

A dead silence surrounded the room. I heard some violent reactions from our friends who were all surprised just like I do and now It made me feel something else other than being hurt. I also feel small and embarassed at the same time for letting everyone witnessed how I got rejected.

I guess it's my fault. I rushed things and let my confidence overtake me without even thinking and planning everything so well but I still can't accept the fact that she turned me down and rejected me.

I thought she still love me?

"B-but why? I-I thought you still love me? D-Don't you want to start over again, chaeyoung?''

"First of all, we're actually still married Mina. I didn't really submit the papers and I don't even wanted to. I do love you but that doesn't mean we need to be together again. Second, starting again doesn't mean being next to each other all the time, Mina. We can always start over separately and in our case, it would be the best for us."

Her words hurt me and annoyed me at the same time. Why does it sounds like I'm begging for her love? Why does it sounds like I am loving her more than she love me? I don't understand her at all.

"Chaeng, It's not the best for us and it will never be! I thought you still love me? Damn it, are you playing with my feelings?"

"Mina, of course not. Can't you just understand what I am dealing with right now? I just lost my brother, my father and my grandfather all at the same time. Mina, they may be as evil as a living demon but they're still my family. Please, let me even have time to grieve for them. This is not the right time fo that and honestly I don't even know if I have time for that because I don't even know how to start at all. For fuck's sake, Mina, I can't even look at you without feeling any guilt of what my family has done against you. I honestly can't even tell If I still can love myself after everything that happened So please, stop questioning my feelings towards you 'cause you know nothing!"

"But Chaeyoung, I am here. We can work this all out—"

"Can't you really understand me, Mina? This is not just about you or us. It's about me, loosing my whole family all at the same time. Please, can't you stop insisting this thing 'cause honestly, I don't even think about us right now. My mind is too occupied now. I lost my whole family and you should already know how it feels because you also went through something like this back then."

"But chaeyoung—"

"Mina, I am so sorry. I really love you but I want to start all over again, alone."

Love? How can she even say that when she's just about to leave me,again.

"But how about me, Chaeyoung? Are you really going to leave me again? Are you really going to—"

"Fuck it! Mina, can't you really understand me and my pain?"

Damn, what is she saying? Of course, I understand her and her pain that's why I'm here for her. She's the one who doesn't understands what I am feeling here.

"Why? Can you even understand mine as well?"

"Guys, enough. You both need to calm down. Mina, come with me and let Chaeyoung rest for now."

Jihyo unnie led me to the door with the other girls but before we completely walk out of the room, I heard
Chaeyoung crying so bad which woke me up from being a push over and selfish. What have I done? Why am I even insisting something in this kind of situation.

God, why did I even let myself acted that way. I was suppose to be there and comfort Chaeyoung but what I did was the total opposite of it. I didn't only gave her disappointments, I even made everything between us worse and even made her feel worse.

Shit, what have I done?

--------

Weeks slowly passed by but Chaeyoung and I still weren't talking with each other. She had already fully recovered and was finally out of the hospital again but I haven't visited her yet. I felt so guilty about what happened that I can't even bother to visit her again and just decided to focus on Yuna.

I really miss her but sadly, I don't have the courage to face and talk to her just yet. I didn't even went to her family's funeral ceremonies and I know it may sound insensitive but I really don't have the courage to face her or her family even for the last time.

"Mina, someone's here"

My mind automatically wondered who was it for I am not exepecting someone in particular today. I had made some plans with Yuna today and we'll be going somewhere

"Who is it, mom—"

"It's me, Mina"

"Chaeyoung?"

My jaw literally dropped after seeing the person I was just thinking a while ago. I don't know what to feel and how to react. She's wearing the smile that shows her ocean-deep dimples which I always love and adored.

"Hey, how are you.."

Her simple greeting made me blushed. Why would I not when she just suddenly showed up here looking so good and hot in the same time

"I-I'm fine..how about you?"

I can't help myself but to stammer. I'm too nervous and overwhelmed seeing her here at this very moment.

"I hope I'm not interrupting something, Mina. I'm sorry for suddenly showing up around unannounced but can we talk?"

"Of course, besides I don't have any plans today."

Lies. I'm sorry, Yuna. I'll make it up to you later.

"Great, so let's go?"

I smiled and unhesitantly let her take me wherever she decided to. I don't know where is she planning to take me but I feel safe and comfortable being with her so I just let her be. My mind has been thinking lots of stuffs while eyeing every sceneries that we passed by until I noticed the place Is a bit familiar.

"We're here"

I roamed around the place and there I realized we're not just currently on a random place. We are actually on the place where we first met and the very same place where she asked me to marry her years ago.

I don't know why we are here. Of a places, I never expected her to bring me here all of a sudden. Looking at the bautiful scenery of the beach infront of us makes me remember all the memories that we shared here.

"Chaeyoung? Why are we here?"

To my surprise, she suddenly hugged me. For a moment, I wished that the time would stop for me to cherish this warm affection that she's currently giving to me. Her hug was so warm and comfortable that It made my heart skipped a beat and realized how how much I missed her.

"I missed you, Chaeyoung"

Her hug suddenly went even tighter as if someone or something was going to take me away from her but I didn't mind it. All I'm thinking about is her and the affrction that she's currently showering me until I heard something that slowly made my heart change emotions

"I missed you too, Mina and I'll be missing you.."

------

Still laughing 'cause u guys really thought I'd publish the next chap by next year..love you guys✌🏻😚
Btw, Next chap is the final one.
Oooops, don't worry guys..
It'll be a happy one 🥰
Stay safe and healthy guys,
I love yawa all🥰🖤