Prologue

Shoutout to SparrowTrail for inspiration
Also, what do you think of the cover? (Fyi Dani isn't exactly dating Merula...) Please comment:)
Anyway, on to year 6!
No, I haven't forgotten the fact that Dani is a prefect, and she's now patrolling the corridors of the Hogwarts Express, like she should be doing.

And she knew for a fact that a vast majority of her schoolmates-except the first-years-on the train were less nervous for the year than she was.

She was only 16, and so were most of her friends, many if whom Dani wasn't even sure would be helping her out in the coming school year.

Of course, she could blame that all on Patricia Rakepick, her DADA professor last year and the best one she'd ever had by pretty goddamn far (well once you forget the fact that she cast crucio on a teenager), and now she and her ragtag group of misfits are up against R, the cabal Rakepick is part of, in a race to the final cursed vault, where... Funny thing is, Dani has absolutely no idea, which puts the stakes even higher.

Writing to Angelica-her former prefect who was four years older and wiser and now tamed dragons under Gringotts-didn't help either.

'Things happen, Dani.' Of course things happen, why else would she be stuck thinking about this if they didn't? 'Don't let them change you.' Rakepick reminded her in the last vault she wouldn't have been able to do a thing without her friends, so now that a good portion of them are floating out of her life, and because she's up against a group of adult dark witches and wizards she doesn't know the size, of course, SOMETHING had to change. What that thing was, Dani didn't know.

At the end of last year, her friend Ben said, "Rakepick told us at the beginning at the year that one of us would die, now we're, like, a week and a half away from summer and the vault squad is still intact."

TL;DR things WOULD all turn out OK... Right?

Ben was wrong, and little did Dani know that one of her classmates wouldn't be on the train for their final year...