Chapter 5

After class on Friday, Dani, along with as much of what had been the vault squad as she could gather, went upstairs to the DADA classroom, where Bill was waiting.

"Good afternoon, everyone," said the Hogwarts graduate, standing at the front of the classroom like Rakepick used to. "I hope you haven't been too busy these days, as I know most of you have recently started your NEWT courses. I know that all of you who showed up today are willing to help take down R and Rakepick once and for all, but to do that, you'll need some proper DADA training.

"That's exactly what I'm here for: when I'm not too busy, I'll come here to teach you guys DADA. Now, I am by no means your qualified professor, but you guys need the tools you need to survive R, and as someone who's older and wiser than all of you, that's what I'm here to give you. Does anyone have any questions?"

Silence.

"Alright then. So today, we'll be starting with-"

Just then, Percy ran into the room. "Bill, the twins have gone missing!"

"And I thought you weren't showing up. Are you sure they haven't just-"

"They promised to meet me in the great hall half an hour ago, and they haven't shown up!"

"What's with everyone freaking about their younger siblings this year?" yawned Dani.

"Are you sure they haven't just gotten lost or something?" asked Merula.

"They ARE Fred and George Weasley, Perce," said Bill. "I believe they know where to find us. So why don't you join us for now, and if they still don't show up, maybe we can look for them?"
************************************
An hour later, still with no sign of the twins...

"Are you sure something bad hasn't happened to them?"

"Percy, relax, Kettleburn's chimaera isn't-"

Rowan squealed as Peeves pelted her with a water balloon. The school poltergeist was now cackling at the sight of the dripping wet girl.

"Peeves, do you know where the twins went, by any chance?" asked Percy.

"Ooh, Peevesey wouldn't like to snitch on his two favourite students..." Peeves tossed another balloon at Percy, who ducked, allowing a first-year Slytherin who was bullying a muggle-born get soaked.

"Well, what if we said 'please'?" guessed Penny.

"And I didn't know Tonks and Tulip have already been replaced," Ben tried a different approach.

Peeves did a backflip, throwing another balloon under his body (which hit Peregrine Derrick). "And Ben failes to help the crew out again, and Penny's tries from getting it right are many..." (god dammit I'm bad at this)

Percy stepped forward. "Peeves, this is enough. My brothers could very well be in grave danger and-"

"I regret to say that I'm not at your mercy, dear Percy, and if you call it a controversy..." His next water balloon was aimed at Angelina Johnson, who ended up using Patricia Stimpson as a shield.

"Peeves, if you hurt them I will most certainly-"

"MIMBLEWIMBLE!"

"Mhdnfnrfla..." Percy's next words were unintelligible.

"TARANTELLEGRA!"

Percy began to dance around awkwardly. Peeves took the opportunity to launch a balloon at him while the first-years laughed.

Dani glanced at Peeves. "Thought you liked stuff people could gawk at."
************************************
"Fred! George!"

Bill and Dani climbed into the red cap hole. "Thank god we found you two, you could've very well-"

"MINE, MINE, MINE!"

Fred casually choked the red cap on a dungbomb. "It's alright, we were just about to head back."

"Peeves said you were following a 'familiar face'," questioned Dani.

"Well, if he matches Bill's description..." Fred began.

And his twin brother continued, "...Then we just saw Alex Jackson out here!"