Chapter 32

Catching lacewings on the training grounds, less-than-allowed raidings of the Potions classroom and greenhouses, and another full moon forest excursion (with Chiara on watch) later, a potion was brewing in the artefact room, and Tonks had invited two young pranksters to her meeting with Jae in the owlery to discuss their plan for if Rakepick showed up.

"...So that's why dungbombs are a must for everything!!!"

Which probably wasn't the best idea.

"Don't you think dungbombs are a bit... childish, George? Last year I got a crate of jinxed fanged frisbees from Knockturn Alley folk."

"And you set them all off in the great hall!" said Fred. "And there was a troll and the courtyard was on fire and stuff! Bill and Charlie and Percy told us about it! It was EPIC!"

"No wonder Peeves loves you two so much," Jae shook his head.

"Dungbombs may buy us a couple of seconds, but banned stuff can cause enough pandemonium so we can get to Rakepick AND get everyone out safely." Tonks clapped her hands. "Brilliant idea, boys. Anyway, I did mention that I'd feel better if we had third person to help us keep watch or maybe help with our prank, but they'll have to be able to disguise themselves or something..."

"I can help," came a voice from near the windows. Talbott released the owl he was feeding before looking at the group. "Tulip told me about the R meeting, and I've been meaning to ask Dani if she needed a birds' eye view."

"Wha-"

"Oh, if course!" said Tonks. "We'd absolutely appreciate your help, Talbott. I'm sure Dani wouldn't mind. Anyway, let's recap what we've discussed and we can call it a day..."