A Very Weasley Christmas Part 3

Too stunned and scared to make a break with the stolen part, Merula was rooted to her spot behind the wall as Charlie and Dani caught up to her. Dani could see Merula's packed trunk and a large, bulky package behind her.

"I drove here through a SNOWSTORM only to have you ruin Christmas?!" exclaimed Charlie.

Merula didn't respond. She had no idea how to.

"...Or you could just hand the part over. What's in it for you, anyway?" asked Dani.

"You're going to the Weasleys' for Christmas and I'll be stuck here. All alone. It'll be even worse than Christmas back home. I'm stuck in this ginormous castle with myself and nobody else. It's kind of creepy." Merula replied.

Charlie and Dani look at each other. "Well... Especially since I see you're packed with a gift, I think Mum wouldn't mind another guest for Christmas," said Charlie.

"I wanted to ask if I could come too, but I thought it was stupid and you'd say no anyway," Merula blurted out.

Charlie hesitated, then said, "Help us fix the car, then you can come with us."
************************************
Minutes later, the car was fixed, the luggage was loaded, and Charlie, Dani and Merula were all in the car and ready to make their great escape.

"Ready? Let's put the pedal to the-" Charlie was interrupted by Merula swearing loudly and Dani punching him and pointing behind the car, where Dumbledore was coming over.

"GREAT." Charlie rolled the window down and Dumbledore stuck his head in.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Weasley. Come to pick your friends up?"

"I have permission from my dad," Charlie lied.

"OK..." said Dumbledore. Charlie couldn't tell whether he was convinced. "Shall I send your parents an owl to let them know you're on your way?"

"That won't be necessary, it didn't take me long to get here," Charlie replied quickly.

"Very well then. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas!" Dani yelled as Charlie rolled the window back down. Charlie pressed a few buttons, stepped on the gas, and they were off.

Once they were flying over the sea, away from the Scottish island Hogwarts was on and towards muggle civilization, Charlie pressed the invisibility switch. "Now we won't be in trouble with ministry."

"I've never been in a car before," said Merula, staring out of the window at Hogwarts, which was shrinking behind them.

"By the way, what's that present you've got?"

"It's called a microwhatsit-or something like that. Quirrell-the Muggle Studies professor-generously donated it since his NEWT students were through with it. It has a plug, which I recall that Mr. Weasley likes."

"Great choice," said Charlie.