Chapter 18

I almost crush on him watching the Loki series. Anyone else???? Only me.... okay'..sigh....

Violet's POV

My body feels tired. The says of the morning sun made me stir and rise my pained body from the bed into a sitting position. Squinting my eyes at the light, I searched the room for a presence, not sure of whom or what.

But again, there he was, standing by the mirror, with all his glory, gawking at me like he had never seen a woman before.

Holding myself up, I pushed the cover a little to have a look at my bare body which I knew must have too many bruises to count but I was dressed? My eyes widened in shock.

"Char did it." His voice calm as the ice cold eyes stared at mine and he took slow but long strides towards me.

My breath hitched the moment I was hit with his manly cologne, not because of attraction but fear. And the fact that he sat right before me in the bed, so close to me, didn't help the situation a bit.

I stared at him without a blink, my tired mind trying to figure his actions out.

"Get dressed. We have to leave in an hour."

His fingers stretched to touch my face but I found myself cowering from him, my body not wanting to be met with his touch.

A wave of emotions flashed through his eyes, his hand stopping in the air for a moment while he accessed my face.

His long fingers brushed away the few strands of hair from my face, eyes still fixed on me to get a reaction perhaps as he gave me a sweet peck on my cheek, making me all red and flushed.
His eyes held a thousand emotions but at the same time, impossible for me to read.

Softly brushing his knuckles on my cheek for a few moments, he hurried out of the room.

I was stuck in my place not knowing what just happened or  why  my cheeks were burning red.

I feared him for sure, yet when his warm lips touched my skin, my heart stirred, not in a way that I was aware of.

I scurried off to the shower to get my mind on the track and be ready for the day.

..........

"You free for the day?" Damian popped out of nowhere in my cabin, standing right before
my desk.

"Um... I guess I am." I noticed his eyes lingering on the marks of my wrists which still had a dark shade of blue. My mind and body too tired to even hide them.

"Let's go home early then."

What? It's only 4 p.m. Why does he want to go home so early today? Charlotte and Damon won't return from Spain for the week.

He waited patiently for me to collect my things and leave together.

The journey to home was quiet but comfortable. Now that it was only me and him, the house felt lonely. As If it lacked liveliness.

"Freshen up and meet me at the garden." His words left no place for questions as he left the room leaving me alone with my fear.

Nevertheless, getting changed, I took a look at myself at the mirror and did I look good? I did. The fact that I was wearing my favourite outfit made me feel beautiful.

Liam always had a good taste in fashion. Ever since childhood , I loved his choice of clothes for me.

I could feel the water build up in my eyes at the memories. How I miss him, mom and dad every single day here.

The skirt showed a little more skin that I usually did, making the red traces of his fingers more easy to notice

The skirt showed a little more skin that I usually did, making the red traces of his fingers more easy to notice. The concealer hid both his bite and finger traces  pretty good.

Taking my phone, I left for the garden. Hoping not to be met with another disaster for the day.