Chapter 23

Violet's POV

Another Sunday!! Finally some peace...
Damian is out, leaving me all alone in this big house. The past week has been good, I have been trying not to anger him.

All that matters for me is my family's safety and I am willing to do anything for it. If it takes to live with him then be it.

Let's watch the Loki series of Marvel. I love how hot Loki aka Tom Hiddleton looks in this whole series.

I was so engrossed in the whole drama, I didn't even notice when he returned home and sat with me fully changed and freshed.

I was on episode three when his unblinking gaze on me forced me to stare back at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." His eyes still fixed on me.

"Then stop gawking at me like a hawk."

"I don't want to." His lips rose in amusement.
Is this man serious?? What's with him today??

"Fine.." I got up to leave the hallroom but before I could, he pulled my hands swiftly and I found myself on his lap.

What the..

"Now let's watch it." his hands wrapped themselves around my waist and put his face on my neck making me blush red.

Nevertheless, we ended up watching the whole series by night and had our lunch and dinner together.

I was about to ascend upstairs when a voice stopped me.

"Your phone."

Oh yeah...

"Thanks." Before I could grab my phone from his hand, he moved it away from me and asked

"What's this?"

My wallpaper, duh...

"What?" I asked dumbfounded at his remark.

"Why are you using his photo as his wallpaper?" his voice rose by the end yet shushed as if he was trying to suppress something.

"Loki?" Why does he care about it?

"Yes." his voice rougher than usual.

"What about it?" at this point, I was starting to feel irritated

"My wife is using another man's photo as her wallpaper for the world to see and you are asking what about it?" He replied with a calm, much calmer voice which made my insides clench.

"i. i... i shall change it if you want." I was trying to get on his good side. Without Damon and Charlotte, he could do anything. They won't be returning for the next twelve days.

"Here." he handed me my phone after doing God knows what.

My eyes almost fell open the moment I noticed the screen.

The selfie of Damian and me from the other day.

"Don't you dare change it to another man, Violet." his warning made me shiver.

"Okay." I gulped down the lump forming in my throat

Suddenly he placed his one hand on the nape of my neck and other on my waist and pulled me as close as possible to him.

Without a warning, his lips met mine, in a rough searing kiss. His bites were painful this time and I moaned in pain.

He pulled away and closed his eyes while his forehead touched mine.

His hand from my waist placed itself on my cheek while the other was still on my neck as he said

"I am a very jealous man, my love. The only men you are to think about, to have a crush on should be me, your husband."