Chapter 20

Violet's POV

My thoughts drifted off to today's afternoon incident.

The way he apologized, asked for another chance, the desperation evident in his voice, the sincerity in his eyes.
All of it changing into a death flare the moment I asked my way out.

To say he was angry would be an understatement. The way he turned furious or livid broke all my hopes up.

The door creeked open revealing Damian, his eyes meeting mine for a moment.

Now that we were alone in the whole house made the situation whole a lot different.

We didn't speak a word during whole dinner but sharing the very same bed after what he had almost done last night and the evening's threat made the whole situation more distressing for me.

I was still standing before the mirror, my eyes following his every movement.

"Aren't you coming to bed?"  his voice casual like nothing had happened a few hours prior, unaware of the battle inside me.

"Yeah..." all the lights were off except a small light as Damian preferred the room to be dimly lit while asleep. Not to mention the gun beside his head.

His eyes never left my body as I got myself under the cover.

Damian's POV

"Violet.."  i called wanting to see her face and thankfully she turned her body to face me.

I didn't say anything, well.. neither did she, both of us just lost in our eyes.

Without realizing what I was doing, I stretched my hand and pulled her towards me.

I wrapped my arms around her and my chin over her head, but her body appeared to be on guard. Her muscles not relaxing at all and not to mention her rigid breaths.

I stared down to find her fingers playing themselves over my chest, the tension in her body as visible as daylight.

I was the one to be blamed for it after all. The moment those words left her lips, I found myself losing my control and doing completely opposite of what I had planned.

I hugged her more close, my one hand behind her back pressing her more against me, leaving no space between us as I assured her

"Sleep Violet, don't overthink."

Her body relaxed at my assurance and soon I could feel her even breaths getting even pulling me into sound sleep with her.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Vanilla.... I love vanilla. How sweet it smells..

Violet...

I found myself hugging her closely like every other morning and meeting her beautiful face.

My one arm tightly wrapped around her waist, other below her head and our legs intertwined.

A few strands of hair were covering her beautiful face from my view. I tried to free my hand from her but to my surprise, she snuggled more into me, now, hiding her face into my sternum like every other time.

I managed to get a peek of the clock without waking her up.

6:30 in the morning. Too early to wake up on Sunday. Wrapping my hands around her waist, I pulled her more into me and inhaled her sweet vanilla hair.

She does love to use scented shampoos. I am not complaining though.

Right then, she moved under my hold and I swiftly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep.

Softly and slowly she got herself untangled from me and stared at my face. Her soft hands traced my face ever so carefully not to wake me up. Only if she knew.

Her hands stopped and she slowly left the bed to start the day.

Violet's POV

Mrs wizzy was making pie while I was chopping some onions for the omlet.

A sudden gasp left my lips as I found a pair of familiar hands wrapping themselves around me.

His cold skin touched mine and a few drops of cold water fell on my shoulder, making me shiver.

His lips trailed kisses from my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Mrs wizzy..." I tried to speak.

"Shhh.. no one's here." his voice deep and low made my insides squirm.

I nodded my head as he continued his torture on my neck.

I was turned over as he touched our forehead together and took a few breaths with closed eyes. He looked tensed.

Distancing himself from me, he looked at me for a few seconds and left the kitchen.

Mrs wizzy re-entered the kitchen with a sly smile on her face making me turn red in embarrassment.

"The world of the newly married is full of fun after all." she teased while continuing her work.
                .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
"Violet." I looked up from my plate to Damian who was staring at me for a while now.

"Are you free this evening?"

What? Why??

"I believe so." I nodded carefully looking for a reaction from him.

"Be ready by 7 then. We are going to visit The Carlos ."

Carlos? I guess I can.

"I have already put your dress and shoes in the bed."

"Okay.."

Why is he being so different today??