Chapter 27

Violet's POV

Damon and Charlotte had returned yesterday and Charlotte's mood appeared to be awfully off.

Damian has been enraged for two days now and all three of them has been in a serious mood since that night.

I was afraid he might return to his old self but thankfully nothing like that happened and here I am in the shower trying to wash off my worries.

Putting on my clothes, my hand touched the handle of the door and it was locked?

A strange smoke begun to fill the room coming through the air vents making it harder by the second to breath.

"DAMIAN... CHARLOTTE..." I screamed their names multiple times before the whole washroom became filled with smoke and I started to cough.

My hands hitted on the door, strength leaving my body, eyes getting droopy.

Before I knew, my legs gave up and eyes closed slowly leading me into a darkness I feared the most.

(2 days ago)

Damian's POV

I gulped down the bear, my mind seeking nothing but blood, Mateo's blood.

How could dad hide such a news from us?!! His own children!!! How could he!!

Last night

After dinner, I strode for father's room to acquire the data of cocaine shipment a few days ago

While opening his laptop, my eyes fell on him and Charlotte strolling in the garden through the window, her hand in his just like it used to be in our childhood.

A smile reached up my lips at the beautiful scene and I concentrated back to work.

I read a few files in the last half an hour and was about to shut it down when a particular folder caught my attention.

'Margret.'

"Mom?"

Confused, I searched through the file, old memories resurfacing at the numerous photos and videos of our family together all those years.

Water filled my eyes for the first time in years making me realize how much I missed her.

'25th January, 2017"

The date of her death with a video caught my eyes.

With shivering hands, I started the video and to my shock, it was complete opposite of what I had been told to.

My hands turned into fists, eyes red, the anger rising by the second I watched it.

Mateo killed her.

These five years, father has been lying to us!!

The footage was as clear as day. Her agonizing screams of being burned alive to death played on the screen, while I replayed it again and again not believing my own eyes.

The patrol pump fire, her death, all of it was a cover then!!

My whole body was shaking with anger when both father and Charlotte entered the room.

The footage of her suffering to death was being played on the screen, the volume to the highest.

His whole stance froze the moment the sound of her screams reached his ears while Charlotte strode towards me and couldn't take her eyes off the screen.

Water rolled down her cheeks while father closed the door swiftly.

"Children, I can explain" his voice calm, legs slowly moving towards us.

"ABOUT WHAT DAD?!! ABOUT WHAT?!! HOW YOU LIED TO US ABOUT HER OR HOW YOU LET HER MURDERER ROAM IN THE STREETS FREELY!!!?" I spat.

His anger filled eyes met mine telling me not to test his patience.

"You both wouldn't understand it then" he stepped forward shutting down the laptop.

"Understand what? Your lie?" Charlotte too was shocked at his lie.

"I should have known you were lying about the fire accident. It's fucking war now"   I spat.

"And this is why I never told you both about it"

"How could he?!!" Charlotte's voice broke down.

"Sit down and hear me out" he commanded.

After two hours of our argument, we all agreed on the same plan.

Upon returning my room, I found Violet waiting for me with worry evident in her eyes.

Anger was still pulsating through my veigns when I stepped towards her and she stepped back.

Without a word, I hit the bed, not forgetting to hold her in sleep.

She deserved to know about it but knowing Mateo, it would only put her in danger.