Chapter 26

Nobody's POV

Waking up, violet was met was with a hard yet warm skin, her body completely caged between Damian's arms under the blanket.

With a soft push, she distanced herself from him and started at his face.

Her husband was indeed a handsome man. If anything, his calm and eased face while sleeping screamed of the handsomeness he was gifted.

It was as if God himself took his time to make this one specific man.

She tried to get out of his hold only to be pulled into him again.

"You awake?" Damian whispered in his husky morning voice, eyes still closed.

"Hmm" she could only nod her head in reply, not to mention her bare body was pressed against his.

Her cheeks blushed red at the realization of their lack of clothing and her bare breasts pushed against his hard and warm chest.

She was still contemplating on what to do when Damian  hovered over and kissed her deeply.

When he let go of her lips, she was panting. Her ocean blue eyes stared deep into his almost dark brown eyes when he leaned in for another kiss only to be met with her resisting hands.

Violet herself didn't realise she had pushed on his shoulders until her gaze followed her hands and she instantly removed them.

She didn't want to be met with his wrath after the amazing night they had shared.

Damian's one hand caressed her cheek, other keeping himself up, making sure he doesn't put his weight on her while he asked

"Everything alright?"

Violet's already red cheeks reddened more making him internally smile at her shyness.

"Yeah, just..." she observed his face before continuing

"Can we not do it now?" she asked, her voice laced with hesitation, eyes searching for any sign of anger in his.

"Sure, let's freshen up" with that he got up and stood on the floor naked, making violet hide her eyes behind her hand.

Damian couldn't stop a laugh leaving his mouth at such cute action of his wife.

"You have already seen all of it, my love" he commented.

Quickly he wore his pants and got to her side.

"You might need help" he stated.

Bunching the blanket on her fists, violet tried to get up but soon realized how much painful it felt

Without a word, Damian got her up in his arms, with the quilt of course to not make her panic.

Running the bath for her, he got out, telling her to call for him if needed.

Violet's POV

My whole body relaxed the moment it touched the warm water.

My lower area was paining but the warm bath soothed it down to a limit.

My mind drifted off to last night, how he cared about me, how gentle he was the whole time.

And this morning!! I was surprised when he didn't say anything at my resistance, rather complied with it without a word.

It felt as if he is a whole different person than before.

And the fact that it felt completely natural puzzled me more.

Which one are you Damian Salvatore? What is your real face?

Nobody's POV

Damian was busy freshening up the room beside, his brain replaying the whole night.

He still couldn't believe she trusted him with her honour. He definitely had not planned for the night to be like this, but the way her lips wrapped them around the spoon, fully painted red made him lose his control.

Her shallow breaths, perky breasts, how tight she was around him. The feeling of Violet was something he would never forget till the last breath of his life.

He had his fair share of women in life. But none of them made him feel like she did.

"Just one single night and she has me wrapped around her fingers so tight i don't even know what will I do without her" his mind was on her fully.

The water droplets were flowing down his body in when his phone rang.

Two photos of Violet and Charlotte plopped up on his screen, Both laughing in his office.

His big red eyes read the words before smashing the phone on the wall.

A loud bang was heard and Ryan, his bodyguard entered the washroom the instant.

Damian was fuming in anger while Ryan stared at the almost broken phone on the floor.

"Find out what does he want and get news on father and Charlotte."

His terrifying calm voice spoke volume of the storm coming soon.

It was the calm before the storm and knowing the siblings, Ryan was sure it would end up not only in a bloodshed but also a massacre.

Finishing the shower, he stepped out and Ryan handed him the capsules he had asked for.

Damian adored children, a lot. But he knew he still had a long way to go with his wife before having a child.

Dressed up he stepped outside,  his wife waiting for him at the table.

Damian eyed Ryan and he took that as his cue to leave the couple alone.

His eyes fell on her face but to his disappointment, violet was too shy to look at him after their heated night.

"Or is it regret?" he thought.

"Violet, look at me" he started slow.

Her ocean blue eyes met his and like every other time, he found them enchanting enough to die for, if anything, the sensation felt more strong now.

"Is everything alright?" he asked softly, hoping everything to be good.

"Yes" came her short reply.

Slowly he put two medicines before her watching her reaction.

"One is to help with the pain and the other is birth control"

Violet's mouth hung open at his words. She wasn't expecting this.

Silently, she took the medicines and Damian held her hands.

Yes, he didn't want her to be pregnant now. But he has always wondered her in his sleep with a baby bump carrying HIS child.

"we are not ready yet. It's the best for us right now." he explained.

"I know" Violet calmly replied.

"It's not that I don't want children" he felt it necessary to explain himself to her
"I just want us to be close before becoming parents"

Violet couldn't believe her ears. Each day she was getting to see a new side of him she never knew existed. And she couldn't help herself falling for him more by the day.

" I like you" she blurted out.

Both the husband and wife were shocked at her confession.

Damian stared at his wife in shock while Violet cursed herself for blurring it out like this.

Probably she was too vague.

She tried to take her hands away only to be stooped and see him kiss her both hands.

"And I love you" his fingers brushed her cheek making her blush red at his confession.

Maybe... only maybe this wouldn't be so bad from now on. Or so she thought unaware of the danger lurking behind them.