> Chapter 13 <

"Here you go, love", Kylie set a bowl full of her infamous salad, followed by them both sitting infront of me.

As we dug in, "How was your day with, JJ?". A smile instantly painted my face as his name was mentioned by Rosie.

"We had a great day. We went to the beach, the arcade and hit his crib last night"

"So basically what you're saying is, you both had a hot date and ruined each other the same night?", Kylie barged in our conversation, grabbing a cracker which were neatly placed on a plate, infront of us.

"What?! NO. I mean we've decided to put that all off for now", I hung my face low.

"Good, because you gotta know you're doing all this for fame", Kylie added.

"Can you cut the crap, Kyle? What JJ and I are having right now is genuine. Not fake", my statement made both their look shot at me which were earlier glued to the phone.

"You are aware that your manager is capable of cancelling your contact right?" (Rosie)

"Pfft. I would gladly cancel it myself if it wasn't for what Kylie said. He did help me rise but he also tried to bring me down. So what's the point of having him in my life now that he's done his part? No offense though, I'm forever grateful for what that assh*le did" (Alexis)

"That's just straight up rude, don't ya think Alexis?", Rosie fumbled those words loud enough for us both to hear.

"How is that rude? He's just digging up his own grave. There's a difference. I just can't wait to see him fck his own ass up" (Alexis)

"What do you mean? That doesn't make any sense" (Kylie)

"Exactly! Grow up, Alexis. You're just hanging onto that's done long ago" (Rosie)

"Wow. After all I've told you guys, me being pathetic is what you guys are worried for?", I straightened my posture from the high stool with an unbelievable face displayed on my face, along with a tint of annoyance.

"Not only did he steal my money without my knowledge, but also mentally ruined me. He abused me in whatever ways he could just because I was a lone wolf with none to go after him if something happened to me"

"You- you were abused, Alexis?", Rosie held her palm against her mouth that made her voice half breathy.

Flashbacks when I absolutely hated my skeleton-like body structure just because that was the ideal type for being a model, came rushing to my mind.

He did all he could to keep me in that shape. In that structure to be more specific.

Exercise wasn't the way.

Calorie deficit wasn't the way.

No food for 3 days consecutively was the "easiest" way for me to lose the little wait I gained in a day.

I can't imagine how much control he had on me just to earn the money and have his name talked about constantly. I was afraid to lose the only job I had. Modelling.

Somehow, it all changed when I turned 21. I gained sense as to why I should be worried about the ship when I was the captain myself.

I had to take control of my life. I had to be independent.

And I did.

Their shoulders drooped in a guilt manner. They were disappointed in themselves for not knowing all this when they should've been the first ones to know.

"He a-abused you. That man had the audacity to abuse my girl. How-"

I cut Rosie off.

"Rosie, as what you said. I can't be hanging onto what's done long ago right? He can get away with whatever he has done to me. By now, he should've been tasting the feeling of loneliness in a dark jail with no hint of light; the stench making him regret every inch of his life. But, being the generous b*tch I am, decided to forgive him just because he has a family to strive for"

"Oh please. His girlfriend is already a gold digger and he has no family to feed. I can see why his parents disowned him. That ugly attitude it is", Kylie ended her statement with an annoying tsk.

"You know what? Let's drop this topic. I have no mood to talk about him" (Alexis)

"Sorry for whatever we've said and done to you, Alexis. I don't know if we have been good friends to you but just know that we are always ready to break his face. Just waiting for your signal", Rosie winked, earning an eruption of laughter among the three of us.

"Beep, Beep mothertrucker. This trio is coming for your pathetic ass"