> Chapter 44 <

"Here you go. Do you need anything else for your baby?"

"No thanks, Alexis", her sentence ended with her baby's soft giggles which cracked a smile at the corner of my lips.

Not gonna lie, the short while awkwardness had us both at the edge of our seats. My mind wandered around the story I've just got to know. The past that Ethan left me hanging with, saying I should find it out myself.

"So... have you talked to JJ after that?"

"Oh Alexis, how do you expect me to face him after the stunt I pulled on him? The biggest regret of my life, I would say"

"Hailey, you know it all would have gotten better if you spoke things out"

"I mean, people on their right mind would have. But I was an obsessive, psychotic spoiled brat waiting to ruin everyone's life. I could never face those guys and it took me a lot of guts to even face you, Alexis", she slightly let her hand caress the baby's soft and plump cheeks.

"Can I have him?"

"I-I'm sorry, what?", she was taken aback.

"Can I carry him for awhile, Hailey? He seems to get my attention alot", I gently held him in my arms, aware to not interfere his peaceful sleep.

"He looks... just like your husband"

"Oh he sure does. He definitely is a dada's boy"

Not long after, the door bell rang indicating that JJ has arrived.

"Oh my I'll just walk away, Alexis. I'm sorry we had to end our meet like this but I promise I'll make it up to all of you", she hurriedly packed her belongings.

"Why are you in a hurry, Hailey? You're not going anywhere and I'm also not giving Jason to you because he seems cosy in my arms", I walked to attend the door.

JJ had a surprised as well as a confused look plastered on his face at the sight of a baby in my arms and also a new pair of sneakers at the front door.

"What are you looking at? Come in, babe", I dragged him by his arm and shut the door behind.

"Who's- What is she doing here?!", his tone changed into an angry, low grunt that startled the baby a little.

"JJ, watch your sound. The baby will wake up", I cradled Jason in my arms shh-ing the fiddling baby, his arms clenched and soon stretching in tiredness.

"Dead ass, Alexis? You let filthy ass people like her into our home?"

"JJ, watch what you speak. She's already in deep guilt. You can't hurt her more than that"

JJ looked at me in disbelief, and then at the baby shaking his head. "I can't believe you're doing all this to someone who tried to ruin my life. You literally let that problematic person into our home and served her what? A cup of fcking tea?"

My eyes travelled across the room and at Hailey who had her eyes fixed on the floor, fingers fiddling anxiously.

"It didn't stop with mine. She even dragged my guys into this. She didn't have to go that far!"

"I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry, JJ. I shouldn't have done those things. I shouldn't have spread the fake news saying this baby was yours. I admit I did it all for the money, I do", Hailey's tears threatened to fall.

"Oh now you think a simple sorry could cut all the embarrassments you put me through? You did not fcking stop there! You dragged my boys into this saying they lured you in for my satisfaction. Out of all the lies, 'I got you pregnant' was the only stupid scandal you could think of? You and I, both know what my intentions towards our friendship was yet you took it all for granted and it costed my boys to be in jail for weeks!"

"I know, JJ! I know because now, I'm paying for all the stupidest things I've done, JJ. My husband, Justin is not with me any more, it's just the baby and myself. We divorced for some reasons and it all went downhill from there. Karma hit me harder than ever and it made me realise what life actually means. That's why I'm here to apologize to you and I would certainly apologize to the boys anywhere and whenever you want me to", her hands clumped together, she kneeled infront of JJ, tears already pouring from her tired eyes.

/Disclaimer: I love Justin and Hailey so much. whatever stated is NOT true and is only based on my imagination/