> Chapter 34 <

Shawn: "Hope you liked the flowers I brought, Alexis" *sips on the coffee*

Alexis admired the bouquet of pink roses that she has always loved, lying untouched but grandly decorated in the vase that Rosie bought for her.

Alexis: "I'm absolutely in love with it"

Shawn: "I know you are, just by the look of it" *chuckles*

Alexis: "Shawn... you don't mind if I ask you something, right?"

Shawn: "What? You're gonna ask me how I found out about where you were?"

Alexis: *nods her head embarrassed*

Shawn: "Simple. Kylie told me"

Alexis: "WHO?!"

Shawn: "Your best friend, Kylie Jenner"

Alexis: "Oh my good lord, Kylie. She's ridiculous" *head palms in frustration*

Shawn: "She's not at fault, Alexis. I forced her to tell me so it's entirely on me"

Alexis: "Hold on, I never knew you guys talk in the first place"

Shawn: "So she hasn't told you yet?"

Alexis: "Tell what, Shawn?" *shakes her head*

Shawn: "Kylie... and I are in a relationship. A private one. Not many know about it. Not even my parents"

Alexis: "Shawn! That's so sweet. I've never been happier for you both. I knew you guys had a spark for each other the first time you both met. But look, a simple conversation lead to such a beautiful relationship. You guys are gonna be my new favourite power couple"

Shawn: "That's all on you, Alexis. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have met such an amazing soul. She's definitely the one for me, Alexis"

Alexis: "So you decided to walk in here and bombard me with surprises eh, Shawn?"

Shawn: "She always says that you and Rosie would be really happy for her in everything she does. Couldn't be more jealous that she has better friends than I do"

Alexis: "10 plus years of friendship pays off in difficult as well as happiest situations, Shawn. Anyways, what's bringsyou here?"

Shawn: "About that... your parents"

Alexis: "So you know about it too? How?"

Shawn: "Yes and my parents know who's behind all this as well, Alexis. They were hesitant at first but I somehow persuaded them to confess everything they know"

Alexis: "They know... who's behind all that?"

Shawn: "Yeah and I suppose you wouldn't like it when you get to know, Alexis"

Alexis: "I already don't give a fck about others, Shawn. I'm aching to find out the truth. I need justice for my parents, knowing they wouldn't have caused a single bad thing to others"

Shawn: "It's the Pauls. They are behind all this, Alexis"

Alexis: *chuckles* "Ha ha, Shawn. You have to be kidding right? Come on, tell me the truth, Shawn. I've had more than enough of bullshit"

Shawn: "Alexis, I'm not even kidding. The Pauls are behind your parents, Natasha Ren's and Sebastian Ren's, assassination. My parents distanced themselves from such controversy long ago, knowing it will somehow end bad if they keep up with the competition to rule the company. Hence, they started their very own and now got back with the Pauls to continue what they left off"

Alexis: "But there's no way it's nearly possible. They literally brought me up. How could I have been brought up by the criminals that killed my very own parents?"

Shawn: "If you sit and think, you'll see the dots connecting. Now, if you excuse me I need to attend a meeting with my record label. I'm sorry for taking up your time but hope it was worth it. See you soon, Alexis"

Shawn greeted Harry in the living room and scurried out towards the front door. Alexis locked the bedroom door behind her and gently sat on the bed, her thoughts still occupied with Shawn's words.

Alexis: *talks to herself* "Natasha Ren and Sebastian Ren, my parents' names. Oh how beautiful their names are. And I'm Alexis Ren?"

Alexis' lips curved into a smile yet her eyes stinged with painful tears. A mixture of wrath knowing who's behind all this and also a tint of calmness, accompanied her inner debates.

Alexis: "So the Pauls, Rens, Mendes and JJ's parents used to be business partners. The Mendes were out of this whole situation when such disagreements and disputes happened as to who will rule the company.

The only way it makes sense is that, the Pauls could've paid or either blackmailed JJ's parents to kill mine in order to claim this company for themselves. When JJ's parents disagreed to do so, they must've been taken out by the Pauls. That's why Logan repeated the same thing saying JJ and his parents are innocent.

Logan found me and pleaded the Pauls to keep me and that's how I must've ended up in this horrible family. This explains why I was abused terribly by the Pauls except for Logan"

I exhaled a deep breath when whatever Shawn said made sense. He helped me figure everything out. He helped me in every ways he could.

There was only one person that's wandering in my mind right now.

JJ <3