THE END.

"Alexis are you ready yet?", Talia called my name out from down the stairs, waiting patiently with Freya.

"I'll be down in 10", I adjusted the strap of my dress and cautiously wore the diamond ring JJ bought me, ever so preciously.

-

"What's the time now?", I rushed down the stairs, fixing my earrings before grabbing my purse that had my essentials.

"Looks like you didn't notice us", was said followed by a chuckle.

"Shawn? Kylie and Rosie?!", I beamed amusingly at the two beautiful faces that peeked around the corner from my kitchen.

"How are you guys here?"

"Talia and Freya let us in. They had to get going already it seems", Kylie pranced for a longing hug. I bet she missed her best friend.

-

"Can't you give me directions properly for once?", Shawn pressed his temples annoyed, with the other hand tightly gripped on the steering.

"Sorry! I'm just not used to it I guess?", Kylie defended herself which was just a hilarious bicker for me and Rosie to watch. "Now it says right. Oh it's not this right, it's further more!"

Rosie and I watched as Shawn and Kylie blamed each other for missing the turns, at which added 20 more minutes than our actual journey should've been.

-

"We're here!", we dismounted one by one from the car and before we left to the venue, I checked my purse if what I needed was in there.

JJ is gonna be very happy.

"Here they are!", their face beamed as we strolled towards them wanting to greet each and everyone present there. JJ was nowhere to be found with the boys. Is he still mad at me?

"Hey Vikk, where is JJ? I've been searching for him-"

"Oh about that, he must've had a terrible hangover cuz he kinda... drank a lot last night. He'll be here don't worry, Al", he side hugged and pat my head reassuringly.

-

"Alexis?", the once busy venue with the guests chattering and clanking of the cutleries, gradually became silent with just the blasting music playing across the area.

"What are you doing here?", before I could respond, Josh stood up followed by the boys shoving the chairs back only to fix the buttons of their suits as if they were prepared to confront this guy.

"Look, I just want to have few words with Alexis and I'll be gone my way", with guilt plastered on his face, I sensed he was being genuine this very moment.

"I'm afraid it isn't gonna happen when I'm here", our eyes met when he walked pass the rest and towards our table at the very front.

"JJ, I-I'm genuinely sorry about everything"

"Oh now you're sorry, Steve? How has 'sorry' become very common these days and I'm surprised it's coming from someone inhumane like you. Especially when you don't mean it, not even one bit", JJ inched closer towards Steve and I stood in between them both to avoid any hassle this may cause.

"I knew none of this was going to be convincing", he extended his arm into the bag that was hanging on his shoulders and pulled out what seemed like few documents and a passport. "See, I'm leaving. My parents are serving their years in jail and I'm honestly lost in life. I have no idea what to do"

"You've done everything you can in your will and now you don't know how to get away with it? Bravo!", JJ applauded sarcastically earning few annoyed scoffs here and there at Steve's confession.

"JJ, let's just forgive him. He's willing to take an initiative for a change. He may or may not be genuine but that's not the case here. He's here for something. He knew he was gonna be embarrassed for confessing his doings, yet he came. Why? He needed to seek for forgiveness before leaving this country for good"

"I now regret being the villain in someone else's story in search of being a human myself. Now, I'm well aware of the consequences I'll be facing, yet I'm here to apologise for one last time. I am genuinely sorry to Alexis, JJ and their friends for being put through such hardships. I've learnt my lessons and now I'm leaving this country with the regret", Steve rotated his body towards me and inched a little closer.

"Especially you, Alexis. I can't even explain how sorry I am. I know the damage done is beyond repair and I promise I'll pay for it. I'm wishing you and JJ, years of happiness and vitality ahead", with that he left the venue not looking back.

"He would've been so dead if it wasn't for you, A"

"Relax JJ, because without forgiveness our souls are tied to what happened to us in the past. Sometimes we need to forgive just so we can let go of things that we've been holding onto and not because they are sorry"

-

"Yes!", I blinked with tears welling the rim of my eyes and JJ on his knee with a diamond ring set on his palms.

"Finally it's official!"

"Can't wait to see them start a family together!"

The vrowd cheered for us as JJ picked me up and spun around earning even more applause and cheers.

"Kylie, my purse?", I extended my arm behind me to grab the copy I had in my purse.

"No way, this can't be it A"

"Yes babe, I'm pregnant. We're having a baby"

"W-Wait how? How did you go to the hospital alone? You've been going for check ups and not tell me?"

"Oh about that, yes! I've been going to the hospital and that would've cleared your doubt. If you assumed I was seeing someone behind your back, obviously I wasn't", I chuckled as JJ held the anomaly scan carefully in his hand, making sure not to damage it.

"I can't express how lucky I am to have you in my life, Alecis. Trust me when I say I'm willing to sacrifice my entire life for you and this baby we are having. She's gonna be our little princess and the lady boss of the house. No more arguments", he smiled ear to ear then landed a peck on my lips.

"She? Excuse you. It's gonna be a 'he' and mommy's boy too", I sarcastically rolled my eyes earning agreeing statements here and there.

I'm happy and I'm genuinely happy knowing that my loved ones were and will always be here to watch myself and JJ grow despite the hardships and obstacles we were put through.

Now, I have a loving family with JJ.

I'll always be grateful for my life.