> Chapter 40 <

"Babe, are you ready for tomorrow?", Talia plopped on the couch beside me with a wide smile spread across her face.

"I've been waiting for this day for the past 2 weeks. Ever since Shawn told me the truth, I couldn't sleep nor spend the day without thinking of him. He promised me and he did what he said he would", I caressed the stem of the wine glass on my hand.

"That genuine smile says it all, Alexis. No matter what happens, he belongs to you and only you", Ethan joined in our conversation lightening up the mood.

"Whatever but JJ is mine", Simon shrugged and went back to the conversation he was having with Vik and Tobi.

-

We boarded the plane, small suitcases with each of us as we were guided to the business class seats by the pilot himself.

"We're happy that you all are flying with us, sir", the pilot's warm welcome was soon overtaken by the stewardess. They guided us to our booked seats according to our tickets.

"Ladies and gentleman...", the intercom turned on as I adjusted myself by the window seat. The pilot's voice was soon inaudible when Tobi spoke up.

"Alexis? Are you ready?"

"Of course, Tobi. I can't wait to meet him"

"Well, I'm pretty sure we have tiring days ahead. Hence, I reckon you take enough rest in order to meet your soulmate", he ended the sentence with a giggle and fastened the seatbelt.