> Chapter 36 <

Logan:
"Oh I see, you're awake"

Alexis:
"Where is he? Where is JJ?"

Logan:
"Calm down. You need to relax, your migraine isn't helping you either"

Alexis:
"Logan! Don't tell me what the fck to do!"

Logan:
"I can exactly tell you what the hell you should do! Don't you dare raise your voice at me"

Alexis:
"Okay fine. So- so you knew all this while?"

Logan:
"Know what?" *voice lowers*

Alexis:
"About my parents being assassinated? Your parents being the murderers which I thought was just impossible?"

Logan:
"So you know about it..."

Alexis:
"Of course I would know, you fcking psychotic morons! Y'all killed my parents and abused me as if I was your own. Your parents deserve to rot in the jail, Logan"

Logan:
"That's impossible, Alexis. That wouldn't happen"

Alexis:
"It wouldn't, my arse. I will show you what I can do to put them in jail. It's-"

Logan:
"I said you can't!"

He looked away finding something to fix his eyes on, trying to avoid my burning gaze at all costs. From the looks of it, his eyes were swollen red indicating that tears were the only ones coming out of them.

Alexis:
"Logan, have you been crying?"

No reply.

Alexis:
"Logan, I'm talking to you..."

Logan:
"Well, what do you want me to do? Start laughing?"

Alexis:
"What happened? I'm so confused as to what's happening at the moment"

My raging and full of wrath tone, subsided into a calm and comforting one. It wouldn't be a lie if I say this is the first time I'm seeing him in this hideous state.

Logan:
"What have he done?"

Tears brimming his eyes, I knew who he was exactly talking about. My breath hitched at the thought of him. Flashbacks of the scene last night, brought me to tears as well.

Alexis:
"What did he do?"

Logan:
"You wouldn't want to know, Alexis"

Alexis:
"I asked what did he do, Logan?"

Logan:
"He killed my parents. The ones you've been aching to deal with and put them in jail. They're gone"

Alexis:
"What are you blabbering about? That's not even nearly possible. JJ wouldn't have done that and you know it for sure, Logan. Yet how could you say such terrible thing?"

Logan:
"It's not me who witnessed it okay? I was told to come to the hospital only to find them in that state. Police said they found JJ's traces at our home. Bloody walls, blood coated knives, broken glasses and what more can I say?"

Alexis:
"Do y-you believe that?"

My heart churned at the train of information he was providing me. My mind fogged at the very thought of him doing such thing. I know for sure he wouldn't have done that.

If Knowledge, Strength and Integrity was in a form of man, it would've been him.

Logan:
"Of course I believe him, Alexis. But police said they found traces of JJ and they're very sure of it. I couldn't help but to trust the police, sister.
I know my parents have done a lot of bad things to you and your parents. I know they deserved to rot in jail for whatever they did. But... I literally watched them both take their last breath at the hospital, Alexis. Isn't that way more painful?"

Tears streamed from my eyes as I carefully took in every words he uttered. He deserves to be loved. He didn't liked the way his parents treated me yet, he didn't once opposed them for me, instead protected me from them.

Because he knew he had to respect the people who brought him into this world nonetheless whatever it takes.