The Mirror

[ the day after the things that happened in episode 12 and at the beginning of episode 13 when Jesse told the team about her father is kidnapped by gorillas and Barry remembers the headline news related to gorillas then told the team about it, in the end of their conversation Barry talks to Cisco about the mirror ]

Barry: Cisco? can I talk to you?

Cisco: Is it about the mirror?

Barry: Yeah, did you find anything?

Cisco: No, nothing

Barry: Nothing at all?

Cisco: Nothing. I don't know man it's just a simple mirror. There is no secrets in it... It's not even like the philosopher's stone box, I even run some tests on it in case if it has some cool technology in it but there was none. It's totally a normal mirror. I think maybe you should talk to him and ask himself about it.

Brennan steps out of the darkness where he was kind of hide in it.

Brennan: Yeah he should

Barry looks at him: You were here, since when?

Brennan: I'm in star labs the whole time.

Cisco: You sleep here?

Brennan: On the roof yes sometimes

Cisco: Are you crazy?

Brennan: I take that as a compliment.

Barry: Okay, hold on, you knew that I asked Cisco about running test on the mirror?

Brennan seriously: I knew it and I understood why but the thing that really hurts me Barry is that even now that Francesco said you should tell me you thought ( acts like him )" yeah I should ask him but what if he lies? or holds something back? " I mean ( scoffs ) yeah I do hold somethings back because I have to but lying? why would I ever lie? to protect? if I wanna protect someone I just don't tell them anything not to lie them about the thing I wanna protect them from.

Barry: yeah you're right. I mean I don't know your personality so well and your face can be tricky but I should've try to know you more.

Brennan: Yeah but that's the point. You don't even give me a chance, you just keep doing that. you keep saying (acts like him again) "you're so honest I'm gonna give you a chance" but then you keep trying to make me the villain like I hurt you or something. dude it's been a month not only a week, it's been a month since I said if I did anything wrong you can lock me right? and in your perspective I did something wrong but the fact is I didn't. And you still see me as a mysterious villain.

Cisco: Well... you are mysterious but villain? I don't know.

Brennan: Exactly. You've been through a lot I understand that but I also know that you've been through enough to know that if someone is pretending or not. Ask yourself, am I pretending? have I did anything wrong so far? did I say something that might have a clue that I might be your enemy?

Barry: No and that's why I keep being suspicious of you! you don't have anything and I'm afraid if trusting someone like you turns out that I've been blind again. do you get that?

Brennan: yeah I get that. I'm sorry but I'm done with your trust issues, I had enough. And about that mirror... It's the answer to your real question which you will find out what it means in the right time, not earlier not later, in the exact time you will know it. I'll go far from here and I'll return when I've been needed. Until then, take care and please next time we'll see each other be less suspicious. ( whooshes out )

Cisco: Wow... But what was that? Why he suddenly became emotional like that? I mean he could just come and help us with the gorilla situation we have. You know like prove himself more.

Barry sighs: I don't know man. I really don't understand him, the only thing I know is that right now we should help Harry. So let's go

Cisco: Yeah okay.

[ everything goes based on the show until the end of episode 20 ]

[ echoing in Barry's mind ]

Joe: I mean, love's the only thing we got in this world. Without it, nothing really matters. And who knows what we'd become if we didn't have it?

Savitar: You did this to me, Barry.

Barry: I created you?

Savitar: I created myself.

2024 Barry: You're even gonna create time remnants of yourself, but he's gonna kill them all.

Brennan: The answer is in the box, the bottom of the box.

Frost: Savitar told me everything you'd say. You two are more alike than you realize. Savitar knows every move you're going to make. He's always one step ahead of you. This is all history.

Cisco: This wasn't just brushing up on days to come. This was precise. Like Savitar was there.

Joe: Who knows what we'd become if we didn't have it?

Brennan: It's the answer to your real question which you will find out what it means in the right time, not earlier not later, in the exact time you will know it.

Savitar: I am the future Flash.

[distorted]

Iris: Barry? Barry! Are you okay?

Barry: Yeah. Uh, I'm sorry. I'll be... I'll be right back, alright?

he whooshes out.

Barry: I'm here! I'm here!

Savitar whooshes.

Barry: I know who you are.

Savitar: It's about time.

Barry: Yes, it is. Everything with you is about time, isn't it? The past, the present, the future. you know all of it, right? And you know everything about me! About Joe! About Wally. And Iris! You know our strengths. You know our fears. You know how much we love each other. And you know how to use that love against us. All this time, we thought that we couldn't stop you because you were one step ahead, but that's not it! You don't just know what's gonna happen to us. You were there. You lived it. You remember... when you were me.

Savitar comes out his suit: Like I told you from the beginning, I am the future Flash.

Savitar smirks: It's like looking in a mirror. well... ( shows Barry his scar ) not quite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1051 words

i hope you all enjoy it so far, let me know what you think about it in the comments.

who do you think Brennan really is?