impossible to not love you

Love - something that operates in extremes. Love can break you, it can make you, nothing in between. Love is something that brings out your primal emotions. Anger, sadness, empathy. Jealousy. All of these by virtue of love, are extreme. If you're in love, these emotions are always on the surface, playing with your mind like a dew drop swerving on a leaf. A pendulum with no end, always between wavering emotions. Ashwin was experiencing the peak of it.

He was known as a calm and collected person. He never overreacted or acted impulsively. He always had a neutral approach to everything. But her, that damn woman named Sivaangi, brought out both the best and worst of him. His biggest strength and weakness.

He blamed himself too. He knew he could never not love her. It was like that was their final destination at all times. That they would be together, that he would fall in love with her. But these happenings in between shook his core. He felt like they were destiny, then why was it so hard to be with her?

It was impossible for him to not love Sivaangi.

Almost a year after CWC had ended. A year of knowing her, and a year of Sivaangi bewitching his mind, soul and body.

He couldn't believe himself, listening to love songs, smiling at couples or romantic movies. He found himself wondering what it would be like with them, in those situations. How it would be to have her in his arms, or to kiss her. She was as loving as she was infuriating. It almost irritated him how much he couldn't stop thinking about her.

He had grown to be protective about her, regardless of whether he loved her or not, he would be. Anything negative, she didn't deserve it. She was like a pearl wandering around in the massive sea of people, and Ashwin wanted to shelter her.

Which is why he didn't like the man talking to Sivaangi right now. Anyone could see how Ashwin was staring at him like he had a pair of fangs, ready to maim her. But he didn't like it, he didn't like that she was laughing at his jokes or sitting next to him instead of Ashwin. He didn't like the way he brushed her hair out of her eyes. He didn't like it.

"Machan? Saaptiya?"

Ashwin looked up and saw Rakshan, "Sapdlaya da?"

Ashwin shook his head, returning his gaze back to Sivaangi and that man. "Pasikala."

Rakshan followed his gaze and it clicked in his head. As much as Ashwin was smart, he was oblivious about everything. If he had to say two people were made for each other then that would be Ashwin and Sivaangi. Two peas in a pond, albeit different colours and types, they always gravitated towards each other, no matter what.

Rakshan wondered if love was so blind that they couldn't even see it themselves.

Rakshan turned to him, "Machan naa than Sivaangi ah kotitu vanthen. But wife phone pana, etho emergency ahm, nee avala drop panriya?"

His wife hadn't called once. But he was determined to get them together by tonight.

Ashwin looked at him, "Enna achu? Ethavathu problem ah?"

Rakshan shook his head, "Athellam irukathu. Just ethavathu chinnatha than irukom. Nee drop panriya? Same hotel thane?"

Ashwin glanced at Sivaangi who was grinning at that man. Vikram, a media journalist and apparently aspiring actor.

He looked at Rakshan and nodded, "Naa pathukaren. Nee po."

Rakshan smiled victoriously and left the event. Ashwin sighed and let out a deep breath. Sivaangi spotted him and dragged Vikram by the arm, wanting them to meet.

A tap on his shoulder. Ashwin looked up and saw Sivaangi with Vikram and a huge smile on her face.

"Ashwineyy! Have you met him. This is Vikram,"