Il faut se méfier

A/N:- This one shot is set in like 300AD Britain. Don't ask me why they have Indian names. So this one shot will be in full English.

Warning:- There's a bit of swearing. Just one line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sivaangi picked up her huge ball gown and swept across the floor, her long black hair twisted into a complicated updo bouncing around in her peripheral vision.

She reached the huge oak door of her father's study room and knocked on it impatiently. She tapped her foot and few moments later she heard a gruff,

"Come in."

She entered the room, her father seated on the chair behind a huge table. Her father looked up and saw that his beloved daughter was angry. Not even angry, she was livid. Her eyes were wide and her cheeks flushed, panting heavily. He smiled,

"Something amiss?"

Sivaangi glared at her father and pulled back a chair before plopping down at it very ungracefully. She spoke, "Amiss? Do you have any idea what I'm hearing?"

Her father shook his head like he had no idea what she was talking about. Her anger grew,

"Don't play dumb with me father. I know what you've done."

Her father put on an innocent smile, "My dear, I have no idea what you're on about."

She looked at him sharply, "Is it? Then it's not true that you haven't invited him to the ball?"

Her father blinked, "Him? Who's him?"

Sivaangi said, venom dripping from her voice, "Him. Ashwin. I heard you've invited him."

"Crown prince Ashwin," he corrected her gently. She seethed and he said,

"Yes I have. What about it?"

Sivaangi looked at him in disbelief, "What do you mean what about it? Has it somehow slipped your mind that their country tried to kill you last summer?"

A teasing smile appeared on his face, "I doubt I'd forgot something like that, dear. But I don't see how that's a problem."

Sivaangi was silent, absolutely baffled at her father's words. He sighed,

"Countries become enemies all the time. And the next minute they become allies. This is usual."

Sivaangi huffed and turned away. "I don't trust them."

"No," he said, getting up from his chair. "You don't trust Ashwin."

She looked at him, "I don't have a reason, do I?"

Her father faltered slightly. He wanted to tell her everything but he held back. He observed her indigitant demeanor and said,

"You must dance with him."

She looked at him and sighed, "Why?"

"Because we're forming an alliance and I don't want them thinking my own daughter could be an enemy to them."

She looked at him carefully and nodded slowly. "Fine. Just once."

Her father tilted his head, "Why do you hate so much?"

Sivaangi got up and dusted her peach ballgown, "I don't hate him, I just think he's stuck up. Strutting around with his battalion of soliders, like he owns the place."

Her father smiled amusedly, "For the most intelligent woman in the country, you seem very judgemental about him."

She walked to the door to leave before she said, "He agreed to holding a knife to your throat. I have my reasons to be judgemental."