Chapter 2 || Happy Late Birthday

Mila's POV.

After I took my shower and got dressed into a PJ pretty early I walked with Rydel downstairs to have dinner.

We all sat down on the huge table and started eating homemade Pizza. "When's your Birthday" Ross asked me while taking a bit from his Pizza.

I almost chocked on my Pizza. I took a sip of water and everyone was staring at me. "well, uhm...today" I whispered but they could still hear.

"What really?" Stormie said with wide eyes. I nod and took another bit. "we're so sorry Mila" Mark apologized. "it's fine, I never really celebrated my birthday so I'm used to it" I replied with a smile.

We continued eating and after that we all sat down on the couch except Stormie & Mark who walked into their room to get some time without us annoying kids.

"Let's watch a movie" Riker suggested excitedly. We all made ourselves comfortable and I laid between Rocky & Ross.

Their body's were really close to mine but their wasn't that much space so I didn't mined. We all covered us with a blanket and watched Titanic.

Who even choose that movie?

We ate popcorn and watched the movie. When the sad scene was on, tears fell down my cheeks. Rydel also had tears in her eyes when she cuddled up to Ratliff.

I closed my eyes and the tears still rolled down my cheeks. This reminds me of my parents.

My father died on a boat trip with my Mom. The water was ice cold and my Mom tried to help him but she didn't know how.

The water was so cold that a few seconds later he was dead and went underwater just like in the movie.

I turned around so I was laying on my stomach. I hide my fave into a pillow and let the tears fall.

"Mila are you okay?" I heard someone asked. I ignored them and cried into the pillow. I felt someone lifted me up gently and placing me on him.

So basically I was now laying on Ross. He rubbed my back for comfort. "what's wrong Mila?" Rydel asked me confused. "m-my dad died l-like that" I cried out.

"What?! How?" Riker asked sadly. "My Dad & Mom went out on a boat trip. It was Winter so it was really cold and the water was really cold. My Dad fell in the middle of the night into the water.

My Mom tried to help him but it was no use so he died because it was just to cold. He sunk just like the guy in the movie" I explained sobbing.

Ross held me close and I cried into his chest. "I wanna go to bed" I whispered. He stood up with me in his arms. "I'll bring her to bed" he told his sibling before walking up the stairs with me in his arms.

He laid me down in my bed and sat on the bed. "I'm sorry for that" he whispered nicely. "it's okay" I whispered smiling. He kissed my forehead and closed the door behind him.

I fell asleep seconds after that.

~

I woke up by people singing Happy Late Birthday. I opened my eyes smiling to see everyone smiling down at me with a cake in their hands.

"Happy Late Birthday" they all yelled happily. "thanks so much" I thanked them. "blow the candles" Rydel demanded excitedly. "and make a wish" Ratliff reminded me.

"I did that yesterday and my wish came true. I have a family which I love" I said which made everyone smiling widely.

I blow the candles and wished that everything will stay like this.

"Come on get ready we're going shopping with Dad's money" Rydel yelled excitedly which made everyone laugh except Mark but soon he did too.

They all left the room except Rydel who throw an outfit at me. I smiled and dressed myself in the bathroom.

I did my hair and brushed my teeth before walking out again. "Awesome! Let's eat and then we'll go" she said and I just nod.

We walked down the stairs and sat on the table. I sat between Rydel & Riker. We ate our waffles and drank some orange juice before Rydel & I walked to her car.

"Bye guys!" She yelled before getting in the car with me. "So uhm why are you even in the fosters system?" Rydel asked me.

I really didn't wanted to talk about it just yet. "I don't want to tell you just yet" I answered nervously. "it's fine don't worry" she said and smiled.

We arrived at the mall and walked into the first store. "let's get this party started" she said laughing before walking off.

"You can take anything you want" she added while looking through some racks. I looked around and found some shirts and jeans.

"Don't you wear dresses or skirts?" Rydel asked me confused. "No I've never had a dress" I told her. Her jaw dropped and she took my hand and ran with me to the dress section.

She threw a lot of dresses at me and demanded that I should try them on.

I tried every single dress and jeans & shirts on until we had the things I wanted. "that's to much" I told her nervously. "no, that's not to much" she argued smiling.

I gave in and we walked to a hair salon next. My hair is dark blond with light brown, I don't know how to describe it.

My hair was actually really long but know the cut it at the high of my chest. I smiled in the mirror.

"You look awesome now go to the bathroom and put on that dress" she said giggling. I walked to the bathroom and put that dress on.

This dress was beautiful. Rydel gasped and smiled nodding. "the boys will fall head over heels with you" she said laughing. I laughed along with her and last but not least, we bought shoes.