Chapter 17 || Awkward silence

Mila's POV.

I ran all the way home and entered the house sobbing. Mom was in the kitchen and walked towards me with open arms.

I let myself go and cried into her shoulder. She sat me down on the couch and rubbed my back. "wanna tell momma what happened?" She whispered nicely.

"I can't," I whispered back sobbing. "why?" She asked me confused. "you'll hate me," I said when I pulled apart. "I'll never gonna hate you, you're my daughter," she said smiling.

"You're gonna send me back," I said sobbing. "I promise you, I won't be mad and I won't send you back, ever," she told me.

"I dated Ross," I told her crying. "oh honey and what happened?" She asked when she patted my back. "I broke up because Rydel caught us and told us not to date because she don't want us to go to jail," I explained to her crying.

"It's for the best," Mom said to me. "but it breaks me," I said while I started loud crying again. "everything's gonna be okay the first heart brake is the worst."

"There's gonna be more?" I asked her sobbing. She didn't answered she just hold me tight until I stopped crying.

I heard the door open and I jumped up and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I ran into Rydel's & my room and locked the bathroom door where I hid.

I cried silently and decided to take a bath. I was able to fill the tube with my tears.

I quickly picked out clothes and disappeared in the bathroom again. I heard yelling from upstairs but I took my phone and started hearing music.

I heard songs who are supposed to make me happier but it didn't worked at all. I got a few texts but I didn't even dared to open them.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and sunk under water. It give me chills on a weird way. About a minute later I was about to faint when I came up and took a deep breath.

After about an hour in the bath tube I made myself ready for the rest of the day. I dried my hair and walked down the stairs.

I was scared to face them.

I entered the living room and saw everyone except Mom & Dad on the couches. Everyone's faces turned around so they were all facing me.

This moment reminded me that I can move out in only a few more months. I'm gonna be 18 then, finally.

I turned around and sighed when I walked back up the stairs. I looked at the clock and it was almost 5pm. I took my phone and walked back down the stairs.

I opened the front door and left. I started walking to the beach. I wanted to be alone. I'm unwanted again which means I'll get send to another family.

I waited for a call from Stormie or Mark to tell me that they don't want me anymore. I sat down in the middle of the beach and let the sand ran through my fingers.

I waited and waited until it was already 8pm. I sat at the beach for three whole hours. I got hungry and went to McDonald.

I bought a cheeseburger and a Fanta. I made my way back home, slowly. I was scared about what will happen.

I entered the house and saw Stormie & Mark alone in the living room. "Hey," I said to them quietly.

"hey, honey. Everyone else is at Savannah's & Brandon's house until tomorrow morning. Mark & I are going to Colorado for a few days and we already know about the party and stuff so have fun," Stormie said smiling.

"You still want me?" I asked them confused. "of course honey," Mom said nicely. I smiled at them and Mark nodded in agreement.

"We're leaving now, have fun tomorrow," Dad informed me. They hugged me and took their bags.

"Bye, have fun!" Mom yelled before she got in the car. "you too!" I yelled back so they could still hear.

Good now I'm home alone until tomorrow and everyone's hating me except Mom & Dad.

I went to bed early and fell asleep with tears in my eyes.

• • •

The next morning I woke up at 8am. I took a shower and looked at my phone. I had a message from Rydel.

'We're coming at 10am to get ready for the show'

She was definitely mad at me. She would've send a heart or something but she didn't. I didn't respond I just dried my hair while hearing loud music.

I put sweatpants on and a random shirt. I wanted to put the dress on when everyone else is getting dressed as well.

I ate breakfast by myself and soon it was almost 10. I heard the front door open and Riker, Rocky, Ratliff, Rydel, Ryland & Ross entered the house.

I didn't said anything. I didn't even dared to look at them. "let's get ready!" Rydel said happily.

Everyone made their way to their rooms to get dressed. I walked into mine & Rydel's room and she was about to make her hair.

I made my hair too and took out our dresses. We didn't talked which was really awkward. I put my dress on and looked at myself in the body mirror.

"You look awesome," Rydel said smiling. "thanks you too," I said also smiling. "look I'm not mad at you we're just a little upset but they will get over it. Ross is really sad about it but we all told him that it was for the better," Rydel explained to me.

"It's okay, I understand," I said politely. She nodded and handed me my shoes. "thanks," I said to her and put my shoes on.

"We look awesome!" Rydel yelled happily. We high five and opened our door to walk down the stairs.