𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄

EMILY AND I'S FAVORITE WAY TO END THE NIGHT WAS GOING TO A BAR AND LETTING LOOSE

EMILY AND I'S FAVORITE WAY TO END THE NIGHT WAS GOING TO A BAR AND LETTING LOOSE. That's if we're not falling asleep at our desks. We see so many different horrible cases everyday, forgetting about it with some shitty bar food and a glass of wine almost makes it better.

"Can we go on vacation soon?" Emily asked as I ate a mozzarella stick.

"If we can get the time off, I'd go tomorrow." I muttered.

London has been well to Emily and I. We have a beautiful brownstone downtown near headquarters. We each had our own office with conjoining doors. It was all we ever wanted, running a team together.

I may be biased but I think we're a hell of a duo.

I looked around the bar and took in my sightings. It was easy to tell how many of the people were here after work trying to take a load.

There was one girl who caught my eye. She was in a skin-tight dress with her hair down and curled.

What got me is the fact she looked like a teenager, sitting across from a much older man. She had long brown hair and brown doe eyes. The man had gray hair. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I didn't like how it looked.

I pointed it out to Emily. "Do you see that?"

She set her drink down and looked to what I was referring too. She faced back to me with a worried look. Maybe I'm not paranoid.

The man she was with got up to go the bathroom.

In the meantime, the drinks they ordered were brought over to the table. She went to take it off the tray it was on. It was clear her hands were shaking. As soon as she grabbed it and moved it, she dropped it on the table. The glass shattered and she jumped 10 miles out of her skin.

Something is wrong.

Emily and I shared one look before I stormed over to the table. If both of us went, it'd look weird.

I made it look like I was walking past the table in case he came back. I don't want to make this worse for her.

"Are you in danger?" I whispered.

"W-What?" The girl stuttered, looking panicked. Her voice was so small.

"The man you are with. Are you in danger?" I asked again.

She just shook her head frantically. She was trying to tell me no, but I didn't believe her. It was too late for me to counter. That man was walking back.

I'm going to at least protect her.

I went to the glass and started to pick it up.

"I am so sorry about this. I wasn't watching where I was going." I said quickly.

She caught on right away.

"Oh, that's alright. No worries." She replied with a shrug.

"I completely ruined your dress! I am so sorry." I let out and started digging through my purse. I pulled out two 20's and put my personal card in-between. If she changes her mind, she can call me.