𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐑

EMILY AND I HAVE SLOWLY BEGUN TO FALL INTO A ROUTINE

EMILY AND I HAVE SLOWLY BEGUN TO FALL INTO A ROUTINE. Well, as much of one as we can with our job. We're at the office until ungodly hours half the time but, unless we're on a case, we can usually sleep in our own bed at home. That is something I've come to value.

Rosie and Penelope have their "mandatory" sleepover every Wednesday night. Those two are literally best friends. It makes me so happy to see two of my favorite people get along so well. At the end of the day, Emily and I are still Rosie's "mom" so there's some things she doesn't want to talk about with us. I mean, that's to be expected.

I just feel bad because she doesn't get a lot of interaction with kids her own age but she doesn't want to go to a public or private school. She chooses to do online school, which she'll be done with shortly. Then, we have to have a different conversation.

College. But, we still have some time before that.

Emily and I were able to sneak out of the office by 10 PM. I'll take it.

Emily has been off today. I can't place it. She's been quiet and when I look over to her, she quickly looks away. I don't know what's going through her head.

We walked in the door to our apartment and shut off the alarm. I set my stuff down on the table next to the door and she walked into the kitchen.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her a bit timidly.

She stopped dead in her tracks and picked her head up. Her back was still to me.

"Emily?"

I saw her shoulders rise and fall before she turned around and backed me up into the wall.

"I have watched you bite your lip and cross your legs all damn day and the only thought going through my head was how badly I wanted to bend you over my desk and make the entire office hear everything I did to you."

Oh.

Not what I was expecting, but I am never opposed to where these situations go.

"What was stopping you?" I teased.

She chuckled lowly and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear with her finger. "Nothing was stopping me. That's the problem. I would not have given a fuck if they watched or heard everything."

The pool in my panties is embarrassing.

Emily is taller than me. Not by much but enough for me too look up at her through my eyelashes. I matched her daring eyes.

The tension building right now is thick.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I pressed.

A smirk spread across her face instantly.

"You have no idea." She mused as she slowly ran the tips of her fingers across my cheek. She brought them down to rest on the base of my neck. She leaned in closely to my ear. "No idea." She whispered.