𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐎

GETTING A CALL FROM HOTCH WAS SOMETHING I WAS NOT EXPECTING

GETTING A CALL FROM HOTCH WAS SOMETHING I WAS NOT EXPECTING. Emily and I were on a 'vacation.' By vacation, I mean mandatory leave of absence because the amount of paid time off we had added up to a year. Clyde made us take a week off to rest. We just stayed in London in case they did end up needing us.

"Hotch! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"How are you guys doing?"

"We're good. On a little vacation right now. Emily is making breakfast."

"And how is Rosie?" He asked. We told our old team about Rosie. We've had her for two years now. She adjusted to her new life well. We gave her the option of public, private or homeschooling. She chose homeschooling so we got her set up. Sometimes, she comes to work with us and does school from one of our offices. Both Emily and I are close with her. She's not closer to just one of us.

"She's great!" I smiled.

"Is now a bad time?"

"Not at all. What's going on?" I asked and walked into the kitchen. Rosie was in her room still sleeping probably. I put it on speaker. "You have Emily and I."

"I um, the director tapped me for special assignment. I hate to ask you guys this, especially now that you have Rosie, but can you guys come back to the BAU?"

I miss my team. I looked to Emily who nodded. It's been a while.

But there's something in his tone that's bothering me. There's more to this.

"Only if you tell me what's going on." I replied.

He sighed. "We're in a mess here. I hate to leave under these circumstances. I'll have Garcia send you the files of everything. Long story short, a prison breach released some of the most dangerous killers we've ever seen."

"We'll be on the next flight out." I replied.

"I owe you one." He replied and hung up.

Emily and I shared a look. It's a good thing we kept our apartment back home.

I think Rosie will be kinda excited about this. She's never been to the states.

Emily and I started to pack and let Rosie sleep in a little more. When she woke up and saw us packing, she was a bit confused.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"How do you feel about a relocation to Quantico, Virginia?" Emily asked. Rosie's eyes widened.

"I'll go anywhere out of London." She replied with a soft smile.

"Good. We leave in 5 hours." I replied. Her eyes widened and she got to packing.

After Emily and I were finished, I went in to see how Rosie was doing. She was almost all set.

"What's in Virginia? Isn't that where you used to work?"