𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐆

SOMETHING I'VE COME TO ENJOY NOW IS I'M NOT THE ONE CALLED IN TO THE OFFICE WHEN THERE'S A CASE

SOMETHING I'VE COME TO ENJOY NOW IS I'M NOT THE ONE CALLED IN TO THE OFFICE WHEN THERE'S A CASE. I'm already there. Maybe that's not the best thing but I don't have to drag myself out of bed anymore.

We all gathered at the round table in the conference room while Garcia passed out the case files. This case is a bit different.

"It's time to get out our tinfoil hats my fine furry friends, because we are on our way to Roswell, New Mexico, aka ground zero of conspiracy theorists because of a certain alien crash. I mean weather balloon." Garcia went on. First doomsday, now this. Why us?

"The sheriff there has had two suspicious deaths over the last 48 hours. Both victims were members of the truther movement." Emily explained.

"Yes, which is a group of conspiracy theorists who share their out there beliefs online with each other. No judgement here. Let's look at our first victim Bryan Behar. He believed that the fluoride they put in our drinking water has a mind control agent meant to keep us docile. He died by drowning. People drown all the time, they say. I say, not in their own aquariums." Garcia said. Bryan drowned in his own fish aquarium. Ironic.

"So the M.O. matched his conspiracy. Is that a coincidence or a choice?" Matt asked.

"That depends on victim number two." Rossi said

"Uh-huh. That's Carl Lee. He's a JFK conspiracy nut who was shot once in the throat." Garcia spoke and put up the pictures. Again, ironic.

"As anyone who saw the Zapruder Film knows, that it's where the first bullet struck Kennedy." JJ added.

"Carl Lee we can definitely classify as a homicide, but the drowning death, that could have another explanation." Luke spoke.

"That's why we'll be treating this as an equivocal death investigation. Wheels up in 20." I finished and stood up.

To New Mexico we go.

On the jet, Garcia called us with some more information.

"It looks like our two victims were talking via encrypted texts. It took a while to break, but the conversation was short. But its content made my perfectly shaped brows go 'Hmm?' Carl says to Bryan, 'I think I'm close to finding out who it is.' To which Bryan says, 'Maybe we should go to the police.' And Carl says 'What good would that do?'"

That's interesting.

"Well, that could be motive. Whatever Carl was close to finding could have killed him and Bryan." Matt spoke.

"At first glance, yeah, but we're talking about conspiracy theorists here, and a lot of them suffer from association fallacy. Let's say you thought Lyndon Johnson had JFK killed to escalate the war in Vietnam." Luke went on. Please do not get Rossi started on this.