𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐓'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐃

RECEIVING A CALL FROM ROSSI FIRST THING THIS MORNING WAS NOT SOMETHING I EXPECTED

"Rossi, it's 6 in the morning. I see you in 2 hours. What is it?" Emily groaned as she answered the phone. She put it on speaker.

"Sorry about the early phone call. Is there any way you and Delia can come into the office early?"

"Is everything okay?"

"I think we should talk in person. I'll bring the coffee. See you in an hour." He replied and hung up, giving us no choice.

"What is going on?" I muttered.

"I have no idea." Emily let out.

With that, we got up and got ready. We left a note for Rosie and some money in case she wanted food later.

At the BAU, Rossi was pacing around the conference room. What the hell is going on?

Emily and I shared a worried look before heading into the room. When he saw us, he let out a sigh.

"Sit." He said and gestured to the chairs.

Emily and I obliged and prepared for what he was about to say.

"Hotch and Jack are in Witness Protection. He hasn't been away on special assignment." He revealed. Oh my god.

"What- are they okay?" I asked right away.

"They're okay." He paused. "Hotch saw Peter Lewis watching one of Jack's soccer games. By the time Hotch had a chance to react, he took off. The Bureau searched the area, but he disappeared. This was just days after Mr. Scratch was found again in Arizona. This was also after one of the victims we found had "Hotch" carved their forehead."

I was beside myself. Why is Scratch targeting Jack? He's an innocent little boy.

"Well, that's enough to scare someone." Emily muttered.

"Scratch resurfaced again while we were on a case. He was seen at Jack's school." Rossi revealed.

My jaw dropped.

"He's not gonna stop there." I let out. I felt horrible for them. I knew there was something Hotch wasn't telling us over the phone.

"No he's not. That's why Hotch sent in his resignation. He spoke to the director before doing so." He paused. Where is he going with this? "His final wish is that the two of you take his place."

Oh my god.

Both of our eyes widened.

Unit Chief's of the BAU?

Emily and I shared a look.

"Dave, I don't know if we're-" Emily started.

"I know. I know it's a lot to take in. And it's not an easy decision. But, The Brass needs an answer by tomorrow." Rossi replied.