𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

EMILY AND I WERE ON SPENCER DUTY

EMILY AND I WERE ON SPENCER DUTY. Rossi is in charge while we're away. He knows we have our hands full.

This was going to be hard for all of us. Spencer is family. Seeing him behind bars is....not easy.

Emily and I were at the jail visiting him currently. There's a lot we need to sort out. Especially since we have to assemble our own legal team.

We made some calls. We need the best of the best for him. Someone we know, Fiona Duncan, is an amazing lawyer. She might be our only hope.

We were let in and approached his cell. Spencer rose from his bed and gave us a soft smile. "Hey. You guys should be in the office."

"We're right where we need to be. You okay?" I asked. Even in times like these, he's selfless. All the more reason he shouldn't be in here. He doesn't belong here.

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay. How's my mom doing?"

"She's doing well. JJ's been by to visit every day since your arrest. She explained everything to your mom. Cassie's been great. That makes a big difference." Emily told him. JJ offered to be on Diana duty. Diana's nurse, Cassie, is wonderful. She's in good hands.

"I'm such an idiot." Spencer muttered. He's beating himself up over something he was set up for. He could have never known this would happen.

"Don't, Spencer, don't. You were trying to help your mother." I assured him. I hate to see him like this.

"I fell right into Scratch's trap." Spencer let out.

"He won't win." Emily told him. Over my dead body, he will.

"He already has." Spencer replied back.

"Just the battle, not the war. You didn't do anything wrong." Emily replied.

"We all know that doesn't matter. All that matters is what the prosecutors can prove, and Scratch has stacked the deck against me. Even the FBI's abandoned me." Spencer muttered. I still can't believe they did that.

"I know. But we'll keep fighting." I told him.

"I don't even have a lawyer." Spencer said.

"About that- we have a friend, Fiona Duncan. I've known her forever. Her father was in the foreign service, and we met in Italy when my mother was charge d'affaires at the embassy there. After college she was a Rhodes scholar. You'd like her. Anyway, now she's one of the best defense attorneys in DC. I would like it if you let me reach out to her about representing you." Emily told him.

"Emily, really, I appreciate it, but you guys helping me could destroy your reputation at the Bureau." Spencer let out. I don't care.

"My battle, my choice. Please, let us help you." I told him.