𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

WE HAD TO GO OVER EVERYTHING WE KNEW ABOUT CAT ADAMS

WE HAD TO GO OVER EVERYTHING WE KNEW ABOUT CAT ADAMS. Other than the fact she's a conniving bitch.

She's lucky it's JJ there and not me. I'm a bit more quick-tempered.

"Up until now, Cat Adams has only worked solo." Emily started before pressing a button to add Lindsey's picture to the screen. "But this is a partnership. So we need to figure out how these two hit women were able to work together, especially when one of them was in solitary." She went on. How the hell did this alliance even start?

"And hit men are driven by profit and self-preservation. They don't take a job unless they know all the angles." Luke added.

"So, to predict their behavior, we need to ask ourselves a simple question. We know why Cat wanted revenge on Reid. Why does Lindsey?" Tara asked.

"10 years ago, Reid tried to talk Lindsey's father out of one last murder. Cut to last year and she finds out her BFF Cat has been arrested by the same federal agent who tried to stop her daddy." Rossi explained. It's still just an unlikely duo.

"So Lindsey's emotions trumped her professionalism. She could grab and kill Reid's mother without a trace, but instead, she waltzed Diana into his prison because she wanted him and us to know that she was involved." Luke added.

"But there's risky and there's reckless. It's kind of hard to buy that Lindsey would commit to doing all of this just because Reid kind of sort of got in her way 10 years ago. We're missing something." I let out.

But what?

Emily and I got a notification on our phone. It wasn't good.

"Oh, damn. Lindsey's APB didn't turn up anything. Neither did Diana's photo on the National Center for Missing Adult's Database." Emily muttered.

"Lindsey's too good to get caught in those dragnets. She's probably already changed cars and appearance by now." Rossi spoke.

Emily, Penelope and I had a group chat for work things. Emily discreetly sent a message in it.

Emily
Garcia, check if there has been any amber alerts issues tonight. STAT.

I didn't even think of that.

"Okay, I want a full breakdown on Lindsey's life. Aliases, contacts, hits, where she gets her hollowpoint rounds." Emily said and stood up.

"Yeah, Walker and I will take that." Tara spoke up.

"Then I want a list of everyone in Cat's prison in the past year. Cat was communicating with Lindsey through a Maximus security facility. Somewhere there is a weak link to her chain." I added.

"We'll find it." Rossi assured.

Things were tense with everyone.

Emily and I shared a look and went to Penelope's office. As we were walking, I asked her "Amber alert?"