Getting Adopted

🖤Ray POV:

Seeing Sister Krone, playing with the children lifts a whole lot of weight off my shoulders. "Ray, I think you should go play with the children, they have been really worried, so show them your okay, we'll do the dishes, and sweeping, take a break" "thanks for everything Don" I hug him tightly and then let go "no problem! That's what best friends are for!" I laugh a bit.

Walking out to the children, they all come running to me. "I missed you Ray! Don't do that again! Rayyy!!" I hug all of them and play with them. We ended up gardening at the garden. I pulled the weeds out while the girls planted flower seeds.They boys at another patch planting vegetables.

Once they were done I went inside to wash my dirty hands with the kids. I looked at the time. "5:30 pm" " hey kids, you keep playing, I have to cook supper" "okay! Alright! Sure!" They left and I started cooking. Sister Krone entered the kitchen a little later and wanted something to do. "So, do I have a job assigned yet?"

"Uh- no sorry, but you can help cook?" "Of course!" She starts doing and collecting everything I need, and helps cook. I set out the tables and she brings out plates. I get the food and start serving it up. "Hey, can you grab the bell, it's in the kitchen" "sure! What's it for?" "To get everyone to come in for dinner." "Okay"  she grabs the bell walks outside and rings it. "Dinner time children!"

They come running inside and sit at there seats. I serve up sister Krone and tell her a few things. "Okay so, you sit here, but for today you sit with the children, I say the prayers for today, and I'll give you the paper after eating, yeah?" "Your the boss!" She sits down with the children and I begin the prayers. "Thanks you from the above, for giving is this warmth, food, shelter and everything else we are greatly thankful for, to this day and beyond, thank you for this meal!" "Thank you for this meal!" We begin eating supper.

After supper Sister Krone helps clean up then puts the kids to bed. I'm still in the kitchen, washing up the last few plates. Sister Krone walks up behind me scaring me half to death when she spoke. "Whe-" "GAHH! Oh just you" " sorry, but when do I get the paper for the prayers?" "Oh, hold just a sec." I finish washing up and head up to my room. I look through the drawers and four the paper. "Here practice this when you can! You'll be doing it tomorrow morning and afternoon."

"Thank you, and where will I be staying?" "Follow me" I showed her to her room. "I had already put you luggage up here before." "Thank you young man!" "No problem, I guess" I walk away without saying goodnight. I was about to enter my room when I felt a tiny tug on my pants. Turning around, looking down I see Phil. "What's the matter bud?" I see Don running toward us. "Phil! Come here, let Ray sleep!" Don grabs Phil and picks him up. All the other little kids came running out toward me, with the teens behind them.

"Guys! It's bedtime!" "Yeah come on! Stop annoying Ray!" "He needs sleep aswell!" I pick up the youngest which is Sarah, who is 2. I hold Sarah in one hand and and hold Conny's hand, leading everyone back to the room. I put Sarah down and make sure everyone's tuck in nice and tight. "Can you sing us a lullaby!?"  Phil shouted "Phil!!" All the teens shouted back at him. I walk over to Phil pick him, and spin him around, laying him back in bed "what lullaby?" I say tucking him in. "Any is fine" I sit at the end of his bed and look at everyone.

I take a deep breath in and start to sing

" hush little baby, don't say a word, mama's gonna buy you a mocking Bird, and if that mocking Bird don't sing mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

Don joins in knowing the song.

"And if that diamond ring turns brass mama's gonna buy you a looking glass, and if that looking glass turns broke, mama's gonna buy you a Billy goat" "and if that Billy goat to won't pull, mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull, and if that cart and but fall over mama's gonna buy you a dog named rover. And if that dog named rover won't bark, mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart, and if that horse and cart fall down, you'll still be the sweetest little baby in town"

(Literally wrote the whole song😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣)

I make sure everyone is asleep before turning the light off and leaving. "Thank Ray! You didn't have to do that!" "Shhh! I swear to god, if you wake those fucking children! You'll never see daylight again!" I whisper yell at Anna who yelled before. She gulped and walked to her room. Us older teens had our own seperate rooms yes. We went to our own rooms and I sat at my desk, I didn't get much studying in today, and I usually do it at night anyways.

I heard a knock on the door, "it's unlocked" the door opened and I didn't bother to see who it was. "May I come in?" "Sure" I turn and see Sister Krone shutting the door behind her. She sits stands in the middle of the room. "Well?" "I have some new that may seem either sad or happy, or both?" "Okay, which is?" "Someone has decided to adopt you Ray" I look at her in shock "if you don't believe me here is there profile, I just got off the phone with them aswell" she hands it to me and I look at it. Isabella, 34, needs help around the house and wants an older mature kid.

"I told her all the mature kids I have met today, and she chose you, Ray your getting adopted" (I wanna leave a cliffhanger here but I promised Ray would get adopted in this chapter😭😂) I'm happy, yet upset. I was happy I was getting adopted and finally able to see the world but, upset, cause I'll leave everyone behind. " Are you okay?" "I don't know, I wanna go, but I don't wanna leave" I start tearing up. "Can I tell everyone tomorrow?" "If you want?" "O-okay" " w-when will I be leaving?" " 3 days" "sleep well" Sister Krone left and I was in tears. The door was still open though. I go to get up but stubble on got the floor. I see a shadow at my door then they run up to me.

"Ray, Ray are you okay" Don was there, he helped me sit up properly, once I was up properly I launched my body at him hugging him, making him fall over, his elbows were the only things holding himself up. I sat himself up hugging back. " What wrong?" "I-I have b-b-been chosen..." I say in between sobs. "Well thats great!" "No it's not! I want to be adopted but I don't wanna leave you guys..!" I grabbed his shirt holding it tight while making it wet. I soon fell asleep. You picked me up and put me in bed, before going to his bedroom to sleep.

2 days later in the afternoon

I stand next to Sister Krone as she rings the bell to get everyone to come inside. They gather around with questionable looks on their faces. "I know this is sudden, and I wish I could've told everyone but, Ray is getting adopted today" I look up with teary eyes and everyone was either crying or really shocked. The kids run up to me and hug me. "I don't want you to go! We'll miss you Ray!" Once they stopped I look back up at Don, "don't forget to contact me!" "I won't" "send us messages and photos!" "You too, I leave you in charge now, Kay?" "..." "Can you look after everyone for me?" "Yeah..." I punch his arm with tears still in my eyes, I hug the rest of the older boys and girls.

"I guess this is goodbye" tears start streaming down my face. I pick up my suitcase and put my hat on my head. A car arrives out front of the Orphanage. I walk out front with everyone behind. I see Isabella, waiting out front near the car. I look up at her smiling face, I didn't smile back.  I put my luggage in the back of the car and hop 'round near the front. I buckle up and stare at everyone waving. I wave back. Tears following down my cheeks again, the car starts the kids start running beside the car while waving, I still wave back. Once they weren't visible anymore I pulled my legs up toward my chest and silently cry.

I was happy, I was finally adopted, but I would miss them. I would miss them so much.

🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈🇦🇺🏳️‍🌈

Sup bitches, I love this fucking chapter, and sorry it took so long for Ray to get adopted, I needed to lead up to it. But did you eat and drink anything today? Only a little? Then eat more! And drink more! I don't want you to die!!

Author Emmy Out~

Word count: 1615