Explaining the Past

Author POV:

Ray sighed.

"It's a long story"

Norman smiled softly at his crush

"Take as long as you need, I'll wait"

Ray giggled to himself and mentally prepared himself for what was about to happen. Norman just sat patiently for him to explain himself.

"When I was at my old school I had a boyfriend, he was really sweet and kind, and a bit of a trouble maker but I loved that about him. Sometimes, he was bit more of a trouble maker."

"One day I was hanging out with him and his friends. They were partying. Drinking, but I wasn't so I didn't really care. All of a sudden while I was talking my head got pulled up toward the ceiling. And they force a bottle of beer down my throat. It was disgusting. Absolutely horrid. I had no choice but to swallow cause I couldn't say stop and the others had my hands and feet pinned down"

"They through the empty bottle away from my mouth and I started thrashing to get away from them. My boyfriend picked it up again and smashed it over my head. They kept chugging bottles of alcohol down my throat, and I didn't stop them, cause what was I supposed to do? There were 6 of them and one of me"

Norman wanted to but in saying he didn't have to finish saying what he needed to say. But he didn't, he let Ray say what he needed a he would know when he can't talk about something anymore. Norman waited patiently.

"They forced about ten bottles of beer asking me the question, are you drunk? In between each bottle. I answered every question truthfully. And when I got to my 10 I was drunk, and I could tell. So I said yes. He left me alone and was doing stupid shit with his friends. I went outside and called my mother. She picked me up and I told her everything"

"Another time he made me do drugs, and he drugged me. Then..."

Norman put a hand on his to comfort him. But Ray took his hand away. Ray took a deep breath in and continued.

"R-rape me..."

His voice cracked. Norman knew he had trouble saying that. He was about to stop him but Ray kept going.

"Everytime he would drug me, he would rape me and tape it. Thinking I didn't know in the process. But I couldn't do anything. I was under the affects of drugs. Literally, my body couldn't move or anything. I have vivid memories. I don't really like when people touch me without me knowing. And if you have my permission"

"But because of this past I declined having a relationship with you"

Norman decided to but in.

"Hey Ray, it's okay. No one should have to go through that, absolutely no one. And I get that you wanted to sort yourself out before starting anything with me. I get that now. Thank you for telling me this. May I ask your boundaries?"

"Sure, I don't really like touch that much. As in hand holding and and hugs and all that. But Bella says it is polite to do"

"Rude, not you, your mother, does she know your boundaries?"

"Yeah, but she is pretty forgetful"

"Okay, anything else?"

"I hate crowded spaces and being forced anywhere. I also hate loads of attention on me. I hate surprises, or stuff going on behind me back. I get attached to things too easily so I hate moving around."

"Okay! Then I will respect those boundaries"

Then something came to Ray's mind.

"Norman, how many of those have you had to drink?"