Not Meant To Be

Author POV:

The sunshine shone through the window. Ray stirred and his eyes fluttered open. He sat up stretching and went to get up. He put his foot on the floor but it shot up with a little pain. He closed and eye and winced in pain. Ray slowly got up and walked over to the window. He closed the curtain. And turned to see Norman still sound asleep. Ray limped over to his closet and chose an outfit.

Ray got dressed and slowly made his way down stairs. When he got there, Trisha and Natalie were in the lounge room. Natalie seemed bored out of her mind and Trisha also seemed bored but had a cup of coffee.

"Hey, Natalie, you get that I have a whole arcade here?"

"Wait what!?"

"Yeah, go down the hall until you get to a staircase then go down it and turn left"

"Thanks!"

She ran off toward the other end of the house. Ray sat down next to Trisha.

"Great night the two of you had."

Ray blushed hardcore at this comment.

"I-"

"It's fine dear. Just don't get him pregnant, he hasn't had that surgery yet"

"I'm only 15, and I'm extremely careful"

"Well, I'm 29."

"... Y-you got pregnant at.. 14..?"

"Yes.. Norman and Natalie are too dumb minded to figure out the math. They just celebrate my birthday not think of their own age an comparing it"

"You got pregnant at 14 mum!?"

They look to see Norman at the top of the small staircase. Ray got up and walked away leaving the two alone to speak. Norman walked over to his mother and she sighed, patting a seat down next to her. Norman sat still in disbelief.

"I was a young and reckless teenager. I met your father at a friend's party, someone snuck alcohol into the punch and everyone got drunk. We, well you get the idea, but since there was no protection.. I fell pregnant with you."

"So I was an accident?"

"..yes, but the best accident of my life! I was in a depressed state of mind but having you helped me get rid of it"

"..I- think I need to process this a bit more.."

They waited till Norman spoke up again.

"Okay, and what about Natalie?"

"She was too, more intentional! But still-"

"And what's the story behind this?"

"I-... I wanted to have kids but not the when I was dealing with you at your age, you had a fit about everything, so your father and I just kept trying until weeks later I would out I was pregnant from the first time"

"Okay, so both of us were accidents? But somehow made your life better?"

"Yes dear, I didn't want you to find out.."

"When was I going to find out huh? On your death bed when I'm 35 with kids and a wife!? When was I going to find out, were you going to take it to your grave and let Natalie and I live, feeling like you wanted us, and planned us. Huh!? When were you!?"

"Hunny..."

"I'm sorry mum, I think I'm on my period again... But seriously, when were you going to tell us?"

"Wait, your on your period?"

"Yeah, I checked this morning"

"Hunny, I want you to take a pregnancy test please"