Baby Rose

Ray POV:

The birds had just started singing indicating it was morning. My eyes open and meet to Norman still sleeping face. I look at my phone and see 5:30.

I smile seeing I woke up in time. I got up and made my bed before moving over to Norman. I gently shook him until he woke up.

"Argh.. what time is it?"

"5:30 now up before you deal with the wrath of aunt May without her morning coffee.."

"Not good?"

"Wanna find out?"

"Not really"

"Then get up and get dressed."

I moved back over to my beg and pulled out some clothes to chuck on.

I still had my singlet top on from last night but I chucked a top over it seeing it was still clean. Norman had also gotten dressed.

He had more cowboy style clothes. But still I guess suitable enough for farming. We walk out to room same time Ash and Don did and we all walked downstairs onto the front porch. We had put our boots and and as I was about to leave aunt May stopped me.

"Oh dear! I forgot to mention the tractor has stopped working again. Could you fix it. We need it done for the wheat field-"

"For the cows, yes aunty I know. I'm gonna go there now, Norman, wanna help?"

"Yeah sure, don't have anything else to do"

"Alrighty let's go"

Norman followed me to the decent sized shed with the tractor in it. I opened the engine as Norman found the light switch and turned that on. I could really see anything so I grabbed a torch and looked at the very broken down oily engine. I sighed. I set it up so it wouldn't fall off but show light to the while engine.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Pass me each tool as I do this"

"Guess that's better then doing what your doing..."

"Yeah..."

Norman POV:

Ray started taking part of the engine out. He ended up taking the whole good side out and jumped into the oily place. He started to look that the problem.

"Pass me the socket wrench"

I looked over at the scattered tools on the table, not knowing what is which and which is what.

"Um..."

"You don't know... Do you..?"

Ray answered for me.

"No, I really don't"

Ray stood up jumping out the engine and walking over. He moved stuff around and selected some stuff.

"Socket wrench. Screwdriver. Allen and Torx bits. Normal wrench. Pilers. Rags for engine. Towel for face, got it?"

"Yeah, so this is a socket wrench?"

"Yeah"

Ray took it off me and walked back over. He wasn't angry or mad at me or in general. He just needed it then and there and I was in the way. I memorised all the tools so it didn't happened again.

"Pliers and Screwdriver"

I quickly grabbed them and handed them to him taking the socket wrench off him.

"Ah, so you have a memory"

"Yeah well better then my cousins"

"What are they like?"